Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

If you are a Derby University student I wondered what your accommodation plans are for the 2013/14 academic year?

Are you staying in University Halls? Are you going into private student houses? Are you staying at home and commuting?

Who is still looking for accommodation for next year?

Your help would be appreciated!

Many thanks, Bel

ReputationRep:
    I think im going to be staying in Fresh Student Living
    http://www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/locations/derby

ReputationRep:
    I'm choosing between Peter Hilton & Peak Court for student halls. I got my offer Friday and I kind of want to book my room ASAP. I can't choooose!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Remember guys, we also have the find your flatmates sticky at the top of our forum :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissYas)
    I think im going to be staying in Fresh Student Living
    http://www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/locations/derby
    Yeah! Im a second year at Derby University. I have just now booked a studio with Fresh student living down the road and there well nice! cheap too! id recommend these to everyone who is looking at places to stay while studying. oh and there brand new with 3/4 beds! happy days what more can a student ask for! just take a look
    http://www.newstudentflats.co.uk/derby/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sylvie_123)
    Yeah! Im a second year at Derby University. I have just now booked a studio with Fresh student living down the road and there well nice! cheap too! id recommend these to everyone who is looking at places to stay while studying. oh and there brand new with 3/4 beds! happy days what more can a student ask for! just take a look
    Ah kool..

Have you been to view the show room?
    Also is it really 20mins on the bus from uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah kool..

Have you been to view the show room?
    Also is it really 20mins on the bus from uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeh i seen them and that was it better than anywhere else that ive been or seen in derby! . . I mean 3/4 bed everything brand new wireless internet what more could you want! no its not 20mins who said that lol its 20mins walking from nunnery court around the corner where i spent 1st year the free bus number 4 from britannia mill is 10 minutes max!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i seen them and that was it better than anywhere else that ive been or seen in derby! . . I mean 3/4 bed everything brand new wireless internet what more could you want! no its not 20mins who said that lol its 20mins walking from nunnery court around the corner where i spent 1st year the free bus number 4 from britannia mill is 10 minutes max!
    Ah that's great .. I was worried about booking before I'd seen then because of distance.. Thanks for that
    What are you studying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im going to start my first year and looking into places to stay. You recommend this but would you for first years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cade95)
    Im going to start my first year and looking into places to stay. You recommend this but would you for first years?
    I'll be going into my first year and staying there I think quite a few will

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Leighcakes and I have got a offer for en-suite plus in Sir Peter Hilton. I am in room 1, Flat 06, Second Floor.

ReputationRep:
    Just a head ups about booking Darley Bank- when you book your room you are able to see current students booked into the rooms gender and what year they are in before selecting a room

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just a head ups about booking Darley Bank- when you book your room you are able to see current students booked into the rooms gender and what year they are in before selecting a room

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what type of room and floor are you in? And how much will that cost if you dont mind me asking? Really i need to keep the price down!

ReputationRep:
    what type of room and floor are you in? And how much will that cost if you dont mind me asking? Really i need to keep the price down!
    I haven't booked yet but will do on the next week or so ... Erm rooms are from £99 all ensuite .. The more people you share with the cheaper the price .. If you google Darley bank derby you can get accurate prices .. But I think it's definitely worth the money

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've lived in Derby all my life, if you have any general questions about the place or what the areas are like anywhere north of Ashbourne Road give me a shout

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah..i really want to go darley but prices may be cheaper in halls! Really dont know any more :s
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah..i really want to go darley but prices may be cheaper in halls! Really dont know any more :s
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah halls will probably be cheaper but think of the pluses
    -bigger ensuite instead a space shuttle
    -brand new - so we'll be the first people to live/eat/sleep in the rooms ..
    But at the end of the day it's your decision..

What will you be studying??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

What will you be studying??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah still very tempted! Graphic design..you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah still very tempted! Graphic design..you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kool. Sport and dance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The only downside to them being is new is that you don't know the level of service you'll receive from the landlords & wardens. Another is you don't know how thick/thin the walls will be, how sturdy the furniture is, how quickly things will be fixed if broken, how the cleaners are... etc. That's why I stuck to halls, anyway.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.