Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

QUICK: Insurance incident Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobMac93)
    Did you take photos of the damage? Always a good idea to make sure someone isn't going to turn around and blame you for extra. Am I right in saying you were following him then he braked sharply to turn off the road you were on and into a side road, and you hit him up the chuff? If so then as far as I can see it's all blame on you, and if he goes through the insurance they'll likely agree.
    The £860 seems like alot, but if you can get it together it may be worth it. If you claim there's a decent chance your mum is going to lose at least some of her no-claims, and I'm guessing it will cost you significantly more than £860 over the next few years just because of the claim. If you can't afford it, the best you can do is tell him that and see if you can work something out. Unfortunately he's got you by the balls with this and you'll probably have to do what he wants.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    When you pay him as well, make sure you record the transaction and get his signature. Because he can easily give you a good shafting if you just hand him the cash without recording anything.

Just imagine that you give him nearly a grand. Then he goes to his insurance companies and claims anyway, you then say but i gave you nearly a grand worth of cash then the guy who you hit says what money?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.