Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Right, so I want to do an Outdoor Education degree, preferably at Liverpool John Moores, but I'm currently studying an L3 Extended Diploma in Music, which isn't a relevent subject area. I would consider switching to an enviromental science diploma, but none are offered in my area, however I found a distance learning L3 diploma in enviromental science offered by Oxford College. It looks perfect, but it doesn't carry any UCAS points. Would this still be worth doing to get considered for uni?

This is the diploma: http://shop.oxfordcollege.ac/level-3...nce-p-366.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fooby)
    Right, so I want to do an Outdoor Education degree, preferably at Liverpool John Moores, but I'm currently studying an L3 Extended Diploma in Music, which isn't a relevent subject area. I would consider switching to an enviromental science diploma, but none are offered in my area, however I found a distance learning L3 diploma in enviromental science offered by Oxford College. It looks perfect, but it doesn't carry any UCAS points. Would this still be worth doing to get considered for uni?

This is the diploma: http://shop.oxfordcollege.ac/level-3...nce-p-366.html
    I'd contact all the universities you wish to apply to or would consider, some might even consider the music thing, you never know until you ask.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gummibaerchen)
    I'd contact all the universities you wish to apply to or would consider, some might even consider the music thing, you never know until you ask.
    Good luck!
    I have asked, the first response I got about whether my music diploma would be acceptable, they said it wouldn't be and I would need to do A-levels or an extended diploma in a relevent subject, and about this they said it didn't carry any UCAS points and so would not be worth much. However I also called the admissions team, and they told me that as long as I made it very clear that I have a strong interest and experience on the field of Outdoor Education that they would still consider me, and the Enviromental Science diploma is optional. I'm very confused as this was from the same uni, and I would like to boost my chances as much as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fooby)
    I have asked, the first response I got about whether my music diploma would be acceptable, they said it wouldn't be and I would need to do A-levels or an extended diploma in a relevent subject, and about this they said it didn't carry any UCAS points and so would not be worth much. However I also called the admissions team, and they told me that as long as I made it very clear that I have a strong interest and experience on the field of Outdoor Education that they would still consider me, and the Enviromental Science diploma is optional. I'm very confused as this was from the same uni, and I would like to boost my chances as much as possible.
    Hmm that is very confusing! Have you looked into doing an access course?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.