Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

i studied for two years but left my degree on medical grounds.
    That was 5 years ago, now I want to start a different degree through the OU, is there any way to find out how much of my student finance funding I have left over?

then I can work out how much I need to pay for myself.

thank you!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Kayleigh,

This will depend on the qualification you gained from your previous study.

If you didn't gain a qualification then this means that you'll be entitled to tuition fees for each year of your OU course.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark-Lee

thanks for your response.
    i didn't receive my qualification, I did complete the first year and have applied for credit transfer of this onto my new course.

when I spoke with a SF advisor last month he said I would be able to use up the remainder of my allowance to pay module by module, but when that runs out I'd have to pay myself.

is that the case? If so, I need to work out the budget I'll be working to, so will need to know what amount of Student Finance I have remaining.

thanks! Kay
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Kayleigh,

No this isn't the case, we don't award funding module by module and apologies for the incorrect information.

As you haven't gained a qualification you will be entitled to finance for each year of your new course.

Thanks!
    Mark-Lee

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.