Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Man calls police over Nani red card Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacob1208)
    Rape alarm?
    Wont this just alert more rapists to the position of your sister?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrow.7)
    Wont this just alert more rapists to the position of your sister?
    No, rape alarms are designed to attract attention to the rape, scaring off the rapist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    :facepalm2:

Ridiculous, the police could have been deployed to a more serious emergency.

Silly youth, very very silly.
    This. Moron.

ReputationRep:
    Probably a drunk United fan lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    :facepalm2:

Ridiculous, the police could have been deployed to a more serious emergency.

Silly youth, very very silly.
    I tell you what's even more ridiculous. The article says Nottinghamshire Police had around 7000 hoax calls last year. SEVEN THOUSAND! :eek: And that's just one police force! Completely ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    Every right to be. Wasn't a red but I won't go into it on this thread.
    I'm not into football that much so I'm not gonna discuss it, just found this Balotelli tweet hilarious (read the caption at the bottom first)

http://t.co/3ZvYfIRDvl

ReputationRep:
    Why are people so adamant it was a bad decision? By the letter of the law, it's a red card. Also, no one mentions how Rafael handballed it on the line or how Madrid had a goal wrongly disallowed. Hypocrisy at its finest. Why can't United fans accept defeat graciously instead of looking for excuses and threatening the ref's life on twitter? I guess it's no surprise when you see the behaviour of Ferguson and Ferdinand.

P.S This guy is a plonker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tbx)
    Wtf?

"An outraged football fan was so
    disgusted with the referee's decision to send-off Nani in Tuesday's Champions
    League clash he called 999.

The 18-year-old Manchester United supporter was watching at home in a village
    near Bingham, Nottinghamshire.

He felt the red card shown to the United winger was a crime so called police."

Source:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-21687292
    Well, it's not like he'd have been watching from his home anywhere near Manchester, is it :awesome:

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.