Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    What these are?

ReputationRep:
    Any international/Erasmus students? I'm starting in september with the Erasmus programme at UCL (my exchange dept. is the School of European Languages Culture & Society). I come from Italy and I've never lived in London before, can't wait

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there's a UCL Economics group for 2013 entry?

ReputationRep:
    Is there any freshers page or group on facebook?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drinibini)
    1. Jewish History
    2. ABB
    3. University of Westminster, BBC
    4. Maybe. No idea. Hopefully!
    5. No, but I've visited it loads and love it!
    Anyone else here applied to the Department of Hebrew and Jewish studies?
    Hey! I have applied for the department; got an unconditional offer for Hebrew & Russian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jives)
    Is there any freshers page or group on facebook?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/553137021374379/ :>

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Btw, Poznan brings me really great memories, had really great fun when I went there.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from UCL yet...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmartynofficial)
    Anyone heard from UCL yet...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope! Got my results, met the grades but haven't had track confirmed yet! Probably after 8!

ReputationRep:
    has UCL confirmed for anyone

ReputationRep:
    Just got confirmation on track! I'm off to UCL for physics!
    See you guys there

ReputationRep:
    So. Happy.

ReputationRep:
    Wahoo! Got my results last year so I have an unconditional offer but I'm so happy for everyone!! Any English peoples about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickyJWatkinson)
    Wahoo! Got my results last year so I have an unconditional offer but I'm so happy for everyone!! Any English peoples about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm one! It feels a bit weird to say but i've made it in
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Welcome and congratulations to all who'll be joining UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WJRA)
    I'm one! It feels a bit weird to say but i've made it in
    YAY I HAVE A FRIEND
    Haha well done! I can't believe it's been a year since I got my results, I was actually crying with nervousness beforehand!
    Just a quick question, have you done any of the reading? Because I know a lot of people don't want to get the texts until they know they've got in, and I've just put it off because I've been busy even though I've known I was going since December so I have no excuse to not have read every book on the list by now! (Woops) So I was wondering how many books everyone else expects to have read before they go..

ReputationRep:
    YAY I HAVE A FRIEND
    Haha well done! I can't believe it's been a year since I got my results, I was actually crying with nervousness beforehand!
    Just a quick question, have you done any of the reading? Because I know a lot of people don't want to get the texts until they know they've got in, and I've just put it off because I've been busy even though I've known I was going since December so I have no excuse to not have read every book on the list by now! (Woops) So I was wondering how many books everyone else expects to have read before they go..
    I've got hold of quite a few of the books (10 or so) but haven't read anything beyond flicking through the Norton Anthology and reading whatever catches my eye. We were told that we definitely need to read Paradise Lost before arriving but beyond that I guess i'm planning on just reading as much as possible before I start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WJRA)
    I've got hold of quite a few of the books (10 or so) but haven't read anything beyond flicking through the Norton Anthology and reading whatever catches my eye. We were told that we definitely need to read Paradise Lost before arriving but beyond that I guess i'm planning on just reading as much as possible before I start
    Phew, me too! Working my way through PL now and I've read some of Genesis for the ICS module, and Beoeulf but apart from that I'm just planning to read the bits they pointed out on the list, like the introduction to Old English and the essay on versification in the anthology and do my best to get another two or three read before I get there. But I think we actually have two weeks before we start working so that's some extra time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Phew, me too! Working my way through PL now and I've read some of Genesis for the ICS module, and Beoeulf but apart from that I'm just planning to read the bits they pointed out on the list, like the introduction to Old English and the essay on versification in the anthology and do my best to get another two or three read before I get there. But I think we actually have two weeks before we start working so that's some extra time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds like a plan. The letter they sent out only asks us to read as many as possible anyway and I expect that, like me, many people will have held off on the reading until they were sure they had met their offer. I'm planning on tackling Paradise Lost first and then the first couple of books listed for the Narrative Texts and the ICS modules since those seem to be the most time-consuming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WJRA)
    Sounds like a plan. The letter they sent out only asks us to read as many as possible anyway and I expect that, like me, many people will have held off on the reading until they were sure they had met their offer. I'm planning on tackling Paradise Lost first and then the first couple of books listed for the Narrative Texts and the ICS modules since those seem to be the most time-consuming.
    I'm actually a bit confused about ICS, it says to read as many as we can, some more carefully than others, etc which gave me the impression that they're just a foundation and not actually exam texts, but then it says that exams will be based on those editions so it looks like we have to read them all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.