I live in: Tunbridge Wells
    Commute time: ~2 Hours
    Year Group: 13

Social Media Links:

Twitter
    Facebook
    YouTube

A little bit about me...

So, my name's Josh and I go to a private 6th form college in London. I did alright at GCSE and my parent's decided to put me in a college with smaller classes, so, London it was. Takes me around 2 hours to get here and a friend of 11 years decided to come to the same college as he need a change of schools too.
    I've had a bit of a rollercoaster of a life over the past few years, my fair share of girls, gained a few friends and lost a few too. Bullies, fights, drugs, the lot really, it's all come and gone.
    I'm making a livable income at the moment via the internet, and I plan to future my career path along those lines. Planning to move out a few months after I'm 18, but fairly local to where I currently live.

Ask me ANYTHING

ReputationRep:
    If you was a cat, would you be a white cat or a black cat?

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter or Doctor Who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sagacious)
    If you were a cat, would you be a white cat or a black cat?
    I corrected your sentence for you. And I'd be a black cat. Wouldn't wanna have a white coat and ruin it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent006)
    Harry Potter or Doctor Who?
    Doctor who. Used to watch the old school episode when I was a lot younger every Saturday morning on Gold, and loving the new episodes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Like A Sir)
    I corrected your sentence for you. And I'd be a black cat. Wouldn't wanna have a white coat and ruin it.
    Hmm, you sound incredibly intelligent. Have a go at this question;

Attachment 201377

ReputationRep:
    How is London like and is the private sixth form college expensive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sagacious)
    Hmm, you sound incredibly intelligent. Have a go at this question;

Attachment 201377

The disappointment on my face when the attachment didn't work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vibenation)
    How is London like and is the private sixth form college expensive?
    The experience of having some independance was good for the first two weeks was good, but slowley wore off. I dispise catching the tube now, If I have the money, I'd get a taxi. I get daily tickets to london which includes a travel card, so all travel is inclusive in the ticket which is alright. Costs me (my parents)... £120 a week on food and travel, and an accademic year for three A2 subjects is £16,970.

More details on fees in the link:
    http://www.lansdownecollege.com/admissions-fees/fees/

ReputationRep:
    Is the college worth the money? And without prying too much into your finances, was the £16k and 120quid a week a big sacrifice for your parents?

ReputationRep:
    General Information

College: Lansdowne College
    College Location: London

Social Media Links:

Twitter
    Facebook
    YouTube

A little bit about me...

So, my name's Josh and I go to a private 6th form college in London. I did alright at GCSE and my parent's decided to put me in a college with smaller classes, so, London it was. Takes me around 2 hours to get here and a friend of 11 years decided to come to the same college as he need a change of schools too.
    I've had a bit of a rollercoaster of a life over the past few years, my fair share of girls, gained a few friends and lost a few too. Bullies, fights, drugs, the lot really, it's all come and gone.
    I'm making a livable income at the moment via the internet, and I plan to future my career path along those lines. Planning to move out a few months after I'm 18, but fairly local to where I currently live.

Ask me ANYTHING
    Why are the grade boundaries for OCR Chemistry (F325) soooo high?!!

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware, no. I have a girlfriend and have had my fair share of flings.
    Bisexual?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr DaMan)
    Is the college worth the money? And without prying too much into your finances, was the £16k and 120quid a week a big sacrifice for your parents?
    In my opinion, no. The facilities are terrible, there's virtually no sport, and the college is full of people who were expelled from their previous schools/colleges.
    I could've taken the money they spent on my education, and probably turned it into £50 by the end of they year.
    Back in the day, so maybe... A good 5 years ago, no, the fees wouldn't have been a problem. My father runs his own business, and the vast majority of his sales team walked out on him and took him to a tribunal, which cost him big time. We still earn a good income, not as good as it was, but we've cut out the luxuries as much as we can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Bisexual?
    No, but had a threesome with a girl and another guy (no cross swords)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varsh05)
    Why are the grade boundaries for OCR Chemistry (F325) soooo high?!!
    I don't know, but I feel your pain.

ReputationRep:
    Do you plan going university after college or going straight to working?
    Do you think that university is important anymore or is there other ways of success?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vibenation)
    Do you plan going university after college or going straight to working?
    Do you think that university is important anymore or is there other ways of success?
    Not going to university, it seems like the ideal life I'd like to live, but I don't want anything to do with studies ever again, and yes, I know it's completely different but I have my own reasons I'm taking a year off to think about my options and travel around Europe with my girlfriend. I'm on a liveable income now, so I'll have funding's for that which is good.

My friend, university is but a stepping stone which can either be stepped on, tripped over, or avoided. And I plan to avoid that stepping stone. I've had a passion for computers since I very young, and I've loved tinkering, improving, 'hacking', the lot. Through my interests, I developed a hobby, and I then turned that hobby (Well, a few hobbies) into business ideas, which I then carried out. As of this moment, I am running and maintaining 3 websites of my own, maintaining and administrating 2 websites for clients, and help with computer maintenance for a loss adjusters who main site is based in central London. On top of that, I find time to DJ at a few parties every once in a while.

I'm on a decent income from various sources, and I like what I do. It's fun for me. My advice? Don't do something that you KNOW wont enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    What made you make this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRJ)
    What made you make this thread?
    Got a bit bored in computing and thought I'd do an ask me anything

ReputationRep:
    General Information

College: Lansdowne College
    College Location: London

Social Media Links:

Twitter
    Facebook
    YouTube

A little bit about me...

Ask me ANYTHING
    What subjects do you take? Do you plan on going to university?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.