Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    If you was asked this question in an interview, how would you respond to it, what stuff would you talk about?

Give an example of a time when you had to achieve a personally challenging target or goal?

I am really stuck, I got a feeling it will come up in an upcoming interview, well 99.9% sure this question will. How could i respond?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt my answer would be very helpful to you - you need to talk about something you've done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iheartdjokovic)
    I doubt my answer would be very helpful to you - you need to talk about something you've done!
    I understand that, I just need a few ideas to jog my memory of what ive done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Experting)
    I understand that, I just need a few ideas to jog my memory of what ive done!
    Something you've really felt proud of after achieving it. Depends on yourself to be honest. I mean is there an exam that you had no hope in hell of you getting a certain grade and you managed it?

ReputationRep:
    if you had a health issue you had to overcome, a competition you've won, an academic achievement while going through personal difficulty, etc.

ReputationRep:
    I would talk about a big piece of coursework/essay/project and explain how I had to work hard on this project while balancing my time around other work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Experting)
    If you was asked this question in an interview, how would you respond to it, what stuff would you talk about?

Give an example of a time when you had to achieve a personally challenging target or goal?

I am really stuck, I got a feeling it will come up in an upcoming interview, well 99.9% sure this question will. How could i respond?
    They'll probably be looking for you to show your strengths and characteristics in your answer.

"I had to lead a team to victory in my colleges business enterprise week despite team members not cooperating at the start. Through my organisational skills and determination, we ended up being the winning team". i said something like that in my interview!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone, I kinda know what I've got to say and think about now! Put me on the right track!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.