Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Boys curvy girls with boobs and a bum or skinny girls with neither Watch

Im just wondering what guys think about this. I use to be a size 4/6 I was very very very skinny probbaly to skinny , I had no boobs was an A cup and a non existant bum I didnt have any curves and was straight up and down however some guys complimented me on my figure and being thin etc etc and I felt happier at that weight as I felt more comfortble or atleast more attractive I met my boyfriend at this weight and thats when i felt my most attractive.

I startred uni last year and went up to a size 8/10 nearing on the 10 size. I have a bum I have boobs for once Ive gone up to a DD and I have hips and curves however I feel like a fat heffalump, I feel really uncomfortble I want to cover up my body and I feel podgey I never feel attractive I just look in the mirror and want to cry. My friends have said that I dont look fat and look better being heavier but I just feel horrible. Im worried my boyfriend will find me repulsive for putting on weight but then think maybe he'd like I now have a figure. Im stuck whether to stick at my weight now and accept it or diet and loose it all so I was just wondering what do guys prefer?

ReputationRep:
    If your a size 8 or 10, then youre not fat. If you dont like your body, lose weight. Both figures are nice.

ReputationRep:
    Size 10 is certainly not fat lol.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should ask your boyfriend instead of random people on the internet. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to this stuff.

ReputationRep:
    It just depends on the girl, and how she carries it, how generally attractive she is, the aura she has etc.
    some girls are lithe and slim and athletic and attractive, and others are womanly and attractive, with curves.

ReputationRep:
    Curvy is shape not size

Maybe you feel fat because you have belly fat, love handles etc from gaining weight

You can be a size 6 and still be curvy

You do know that you can eat healthy and exercise. And still not "lose it all"

Look at pics of Kim K before she got pregnant, she was curvy with a toned stomach

ReputationRep:
    Both?

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe that women still have to ask whether men like boobs and butts.

The only explanation is that the OP is an alien.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    I can't believe that women still have to ask whether men like boobs and butts. The only explanation is that the OP is an alien.
    The OP is asking whether it be better to carry more fat and have curves or be thin and have less curves. I am a guy obviously so correct me if I am wrong but I think its hard for women in this sense-thin is what you want, but thin can lose you curves (which you also want). And obviously gaining weight means you aren't thin etc etc Normally I criticise threads that are overly insecure but in this case its a good question and a legitimate concern.

As for the question itselfit depends a lot on a person-the only way to tell is pictures. Or ask your boyfriend (who had the most important opinion!) Something to bear in mind is that it is your body so make sure you are comfortable looking in the mirror, whatever size/hair/etc you may be/have!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkyQT)
    If your a size 8 or 10, then youre not fat. If you dont like your body, lose weight. Both figures are nice.
    She knows this. Can you not see it's a blatant attempt to get compliments? Lol. "OMG you're not fat. You're a good size well done". No, OP, stop fishing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im just wondering what guys think about this. I use to be a size 4/6 I was very very very skinny probbaly to skinny , I had no boobs was an A cup and a non existant bum I didnt have any curves and was straight up and down however some guys complimented me on my figure and being thin etc etc and I felt happier at that weight as I felt more comfortble or atleast more attractive I met my boyfriend at this weight and thats when i felt my most attractive.

I startred uni last year and went up to a size 8/10 nearing on the 10 size. I have a bum I have boobs for once Ive gone up to a DD and I have hips and curves however I feel like a fat heffalump, I feel really uncomfortble I want to cover up my body and I feel podgey I never feel attractive I just look in the mirror and want to cry. My friends have said that I dont look fat and look better being heavier but I just feel horrible. Im worried my boyfriend will find me repulsive for putting on weight but then think maybe he'd like I now have a figure. Im stuck whether to stick at my weight now and accept it or diet and loose it all so I was just wondering what do guys prefer?
    Personally I love curvy girls! When I say love I mean love!!!

So you're fine

ReputationRep:
    Also, the OP has purposely phrased the question so that the majority pick 'curvy'. As others have said, curvy is not a size, it is a shape. You can be slim but curvy. What the OP really meant was 'skinny with no curves or fat with bum and boobs'.

ReputationRep:
    Curvy beats skinny beats athletic beats fat. Don't be fat and you won't have a problem attracting guys with your body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McMurdo)
    Also, the OP has purposely phrased the question so that the majority pick 'curvy'. As others have said, curvy is not a size, it is a shape. You can be slim but curvy. What the OP really meant was 'skinny with no curves or fat with bum and boobs'.
    I agree that's a better question, but if you read the initial post she says she is an 8/10, so no where near fat.

It's a bit suspicious that she went from "no boobs" to a double D while still being below average size. That just doesn't sound right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    I agree that's a better question, but if you read the initial post she says she is an 8/10, so no where near fat.

It's a bit suspicious that she went from "no boobs" to a double D while still being below average size. That just doesn't sound right.
    I acknowledged that part of the post too, yes. I wrote an earlier comment stating that she is just fishing for compliments. It is eminently clear that a size 10-12 is nowhere near fat. The OP just wanted to let everyone know they were [though possibly not] slim with curves. I don't buy it. You're fat, OP. There you go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaranDot)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    The girl on the right is still really skinny, she just doesn't look it next to the ridiculously skinny girl on the left.

I'm a size 10 and I do not come close to having a thigh gap.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, skinny girls. But the grass is always greener and the most unatractive quality any person can have is a lack of self confidence.

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer your figure now for sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McMurdo)
    Exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaranDot)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    I've been looking everywhere for a photo of a woman with legs like mine (on the right) thanks so much for posting this! Saying 'I have muscly legs' is difficult to explain without a pic!

OP how tall are you?? I doubt you will only have put weight on your boobs and bum to be fair, especially boobs wise these only seem to get significantly smaller when you are actually under weight, as long as you don't have rolls you are cool.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.