Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Do you need a visa to travel to Japan? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been lucky enough to get tickets to the Japanese Grand Prix but do I need to get a visa for the week long trip to Japan?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your nationality.

If you travel on a British passport, no.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.uk.emb-japan.go.jp/en/visa/temporary.html

My impression of this is that, if you are a UK passport holder, and you are visiting for less than 6 months, doing general 'tourist visiting' things, then you are not required to obtain one.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Travelling to Japan for Brits is less strict than travelling to the United States.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I had had a quick look at the embassy website but wasn't 100% sure. At least that's one less thing to worry about getting!!! Rather excited now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.