Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Manchester United were graceless in defeat Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    If it had happened to Liverpool, they would already have written 2000 poems, printed T-shirts and released a charity single.
    If it was Saurez instead of Ferdinand who was sarcastically clapping his hands at the ref, there would have been media storm and it would have been oh the back of every tabloid. To convince people, to conform the hate Saurez bandwagon. Plus remember the Merseyside derby earlier this season, Saurez scored a late winner which was ruled out for offside when infact TV replays showed that it was onside. Guess what, the same happened to Newcastle a few weeks ago in Ukraine. Papa Cisse scored two neat goals which were perfectly visible to see that they were onside. What happens, the ref and linesman agree that they shouldn't count. Oh, this can even be generalised to the championship, you'll know if you watched the Watford game this week.

P.S There's a reason why the referee is called a '****er'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't care if we aren't graceful in defeat, the whole tie was ruined by some turkish ******* and I have no problem with Rio or anyone else letting said turk know he is a *******.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester United and Alex Ferguson are thoroughly unprofessional, hypocritical and a bad example for young people.

I haven't enjoyed a champions league game so much for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Don't care if we aren't graceful in defeat, the whole tie was ruined by some turkish ******* and I have no problem with Rio or anyone else letting said turk know he is a *******.
    The bitterness in this is strong.

ReputationRep:
    Has it ever occurred to you that:
    1. The red card was not necessarily the wrong decision?
    2. United could have still held on if they'd defended stoutly rather than collapsing.
    3. United get more dubious decisions going for them than against them?

ReputationRep:
    Not surprised with Evra, always been a ****ing ****.

ReputationRep:
    I think this debate is pointless - every single post here seems to have its own agenda. Man Utd are one of the most hated clubs in England, so even though the decision was unjust, and did ruin the game (in the sense that we never got to see who would prevail in a fair 2 legged game), its pointless to discuss any aftermath.

Ferguson's latest interview about the game simply states that he just wants to move on from it. He said its harsh that its the 3rd time in europe that a key decision has cost us (Scholes against Porto was one, I cant remember the other), but thats something even Mourinho pointed out. I don't think there was anything graceless from him.

TBH as for not turning up for the press conference goes, its not like the ref turned up for the bloody game. Besides the media journalists have become such a fat joke, its probably best he didn't come out, because it would have escellated with sap questions of how he felt, or if Rooney is staying etc and caused more attention on us - which he didn't want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Has it ever occurred to you that:
    1. The red card was not necessarily the wrong decision?
    2. United could have still held on if they'd defended stoutly rather than collapsing.
    3. United get more dubious decisions going for them than against them?
    1. Well it was though
    2. True, but to play against one of the best attacking sides in the world with one of the best managers in the world tactically is a very big ask for any side.
    3. I don't think that's true, the dubious decisions that go for us always get blown up out of proportion, the dubious ones that go against us are always either not mentioned or get chalked off as fine because "they get all the decisions anyway", much as this one is.

ReputationRep:
    The red card doesn't excuse the abysmal defending that followed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    Man U fans complaining like as if they never get every decision. Should be reminded about the game with Chelsea earlier this season at Stamford Bridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just like some Chelsea fans should be reminded of how lucky they were to beat us through a last-minute penalty in the Capital One Cup? Too bad you lost against Swansea...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pn94)
    Not surprised with Evra, always been a ****ing ****.
    One of the most classless players in the premier league. Signs a contract agreeing to play for a team then refuses to play as soon as he sees the possibility of a better offer. One of the most overrated too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    One of the most classless players in the premier league. Signs a contract agreeing to play for a team then refuses to play as soon as he sees the possibility of a better offer. One of the most overrated too.
    Overrated?

:laugh: :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raiden10)
    So what? Real and Barca pretend they've been sniped after every tackle, where's the grace in that?
    *Di Maria and Busquets (although Busquets not so much recently)

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty pathetic what a ****storm has been made out of the red card decision. Pretty much everyone acknowledges it should have been a yellow at least. In that circumstance when someone has stuck their studs into the ribs of another opponent (look a the photo of arbeloa showing the graze on his chest) then it's not inconceivable to suggest a referee might give a red card. It's one of them that can go either way. Intent, ruining a spectacle, none of this comes into it. It's pathetic. You'd think Nani was sent off for giving a card and bunch of flowers to the referee or something.

Of course it's all very clever, and all very Ferguson driven. No questions about the decision not to play Rooney or Kagawa. No mention of the defending of Real's 2 goals. No mention of the goal Madrid had wrongly disallowed in the first half. No mention of Mourinho seizing the initiative quickly and Ferguson not making a change whatsoever - either shape or personnel - until Real had one foot in the next round.

The conduct of their players and manager after the game was petulant and childish.

ReputationRep:
    Real was the better team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJ95)
    Just like some Chelsea fans should be reminded of how lucky they were to beat us through a last-minute penalty in the Capital One Cup? Too bad you lost against Swansea...
    Haha hilarious. Your subjective biased comments :toofunny:

Hope my comments didn't touch a nerve or go straight to your head as you could have been 'killed'.

The funny thing is that I'm not even a Chelsea fan :lol: get your facts right

Apply cold water to BURNED area

ReputationRep:
    How old are you? 9? What is the need to bring racism in this. Did you consider the possibility of Turkish users on TSR. I'm not Turkish obviously, but what you have said is way out of line and downright ludicrous. Get over it!

ReputationRep:
    1. Well it was though
    2. True, but to play against one of the best attacking sides in the world with one of the best managers in the world tactically is a very big ask for any side.
    3. I don't think that's true, the dubious decisions that go for us always get blown up out of proportion, the dubious ones that go against us are always either not mentioned or get chalked off as fine because "they get all the decisions anyway", much as this one is.
    I get your second and third points but you can't just categorically deny it was a red card. If you look here:

His foot is way too high and studs are showing. Whether he meant it or not is irrelevant, it's dangerous play and in Europe it can be a red card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickjames)
    I think this debate is pointless - every single post here seems to have its own agenda. Man Utd are one of the most hated clubs in England, so even though the decision was unjust, and did ruin the game (in the sense that we never got to see who would prevail in a fair 2 legged game), its pointless to discuss any aftermath.

Ferguson's latest interview about the game simply states that he just wants to move on from it. He said its harsh that its the 3rd time in europe that a key decision has cost us (Scholes against Porto was one, I cant remember the other), but thats something even Mourinho pointed out. I don't think there was anything graceless from him.

TBH as for not turning up for the press conference goes, its not like the ref turned up for the bloody game. Besides the media journalists have become such a fat joke, its probably best he didn't come out, because it would have escellated with sap questions of how he felt, or if Rooney is staying etc and caused more attention on us - which he didn't want.
    Thats the point though, it wasn't unjust, the referee made a very good decision. The reason you are out is because of atrocious defending straight after it and a brilliant performance from Lopez.

And the referee isnt there to "make a game of it" or keep it entertaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    I get your second and third points but you can't just categorically deny it was a red card. If you look here:

His foot is way too high and studs are showing. Whether he meant it or not is irrelevant, it's dangerous play and in Europe it can be a red card.
    Don't bother with him, he's a United fan. They barely know anything about football. Everything is apparently 'cheating' if they don't win!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 12, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.