Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Manchester United were graceless in defeat Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_gyal97)
    look everybody Nani got a red card deal with it!! the game's over. there's no point in thinking of what could've or should've happened because Madrid got through and ManU are out what can we do?? :confused:
    i know its not fair but there's no point in protesting as the result cant change...better luck next year i guess...
    It doesn't mean people can't discuss it, by that logic we should mention anything about any historical event

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisIsAmazen)
    It doesn't mean people can't discuss it, by that logic we should mention anything about any historical event

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hmmm i guess thats true...............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    You can attempt to bring down a ball without jumping and performing a flying kick, he should have been aware that it was more than likely going to be challenged by a defender. If a player jumps into a tackle with 2 feet off the ground its a red card regardless of his intent, yet because its in the air and only going to hit the guys chest its not? K.

And if Ramos elbowed Van Persie, then yes he should have, although I cant remember that happening.
    Were you flicking channels between UCL and a Bruce Lee flick in between? You just sound stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickjames)
    Were you flicking channels between UCL and a Bruce Lee flick in between? You just sound stupid.
    What a truly great counter argument that was. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boner in joggers)
    This. I'd also like to laugh at his spelling of 'brigade' HAHAHAHA typical illiterate United fan.
    Anyone with a username like that is clearly an illiterate moron. Who do you support?

(Original post by tengentoppa)
    They are professionals and, as you said, United are a big club and therefore they are role models for millions of people throughout the world. To stroppily refuse to give an interview and to clap in the face of the referee is unacceptable and sets a bad example. The decision was not "disgraceful" either. There is a justifiable case to give a red card. If you tried to be impartial for a minute, you could see that.
    They are human beings and sometimes they get angry. Cut them some slack.

(Original post by David Obua)
    ^^^ verge of tears.

Firstly, it was 100% the correct decision. Deal with it.

Secondly, United fans have a brass neck to complain about decisions going against them.
    It was a horrible decision. Anyone who tries to win an argument with 'deal with it', is simply an idiot.

The idea of United getting the decisions is a myth. Chelsea get more than us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    The idea of United getting the decisions is a myth. Chelsea get more than us.
    That's a good joke. A myth. Pedro mendes from the halfway line 94th minute, a good few feet over the line. Derby game against city, 4 minutes meant to be played actually played nearly 7 and the whistle straight after Owen scored almost. Just two examples there are a lot more

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisIsAmazen)
    That's a good joke. A myth. Pedro mendes from the halfway line 94th minute, a good few feet over the line. Derby game against city, 4 minutes meant to be played actually played nearly 7 and the whistle straight after Owen scored almost. Just two examples there are a lot more
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I mean the Mendes one was a mistake by the linesman, but the Owen one was fair game. Referee plays a 'minimum' of four minutes, which can be added to if there are further stoppages during injury time, which there were. I was at both of those games, contrasting fortunes to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    I mean the Mendes one was a mistake by the linesman, but the Owen one was fair game. Referee plays a 'minimum' of four minutes, which can be added to if there are further stoppages during injury time, which there were. I was at both of those games, contrasting fortunes to say the least.
    I watched it on tv, you generally get a better view. Minimum is the rule yes, but how often does significant time get added? Funnily enough man utd got a stupid amount added against Sheffield Wednesday. The mendes decision was still dodgy in favour of man utd. It's generally acknowledged man utd get dodgy decisions at old Trafford in the premiership

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 12, 2013
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.