Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I might do an apprenticeship for September 2013 but that depends if I find one. Could I decline my university place for an apprenticeship. I already applied for student finance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedtorevise127)
    I might do an apprenticeship for September 2013 but that depends if I find one. Could I decline my university place for an apprenticeship. I already applied for student finance
    Yes, you can.

You can withdraw at any point until you actually sign up to the uni without incurring any cost (and a couple of weeks into term too) but if you do this make sure you let student finance know as well because if you don't they will think you've gone to uni this year and this could cause problems if you apply to go again in the future.

You'd also need to let the uni know and withdraw from the UCAS system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxymoronic)
    Yes, you can.

You can withdraw at any point until you actually sign up to the uni without incurring any cost (and a couple of weeks into term too) but if you do this make sure you let student finance know as well because if you don't they will think you've gone to uni this year and this could cause problems if you apply to go again in the future.

You'd also need to let the uni know and withdraw from the UCAS system.
    Okay so if my university starts on 1st October could I withdraw by say 30th September.
    Would I need to phone the university only?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedtorevise127)
    Okay so if my university starts on 1st October could I withdraw by say 30th September.
    Would I need to phone the university only?
    Read what I said above. You need to contact the university, UCAS and student finance.

You could withdraw on 30th September, yes. If you'd paid accommodation deposits etc by that time (which if you're living in halls you will have done) then you'd lose those though.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.