Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Got a full fringe cut in, hate it, what do I do with it now?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to have one when I was about 15, and have had comments of people saying it looked really nice and should get it back. So I got one cut in and turns out it just doesn't look nice anymore, and I can't seem to maintain it (naturally curly hair, as soon as I get warm on my forehead/it rains my full fringe just kinks).

It's so short now though I don't know what to do with it. I've been pushing it to the side and trying to straighten it so that it sort of curves under to hide the fact it is just a block fringe, but I feel it looks pretty dodgy

Anyone any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    You could use some hairspray and a few bobby pins and pin it back in a little poof http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vZFVfa_1y0...hI/s1600/5.jpg like that either slightly to the side or just straight back.

http://media-cache-ec7.pinterest.com...a17865ed78.jpg Or you could use a hairband or tie and pull it back this way(would look lovely in a messy bun with the volume curly hair gives.)

You could change your parting to a deep side part and brush the fringe to the side and secure with a pin at the edge near your eye(depends how long the fringe is..when I had one it brushed the tops of my eyelids)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    I used to have one when I was about 15, and have had comments of people saying it looked really nice and should get it back. So I got one cut in and turns out it just doesn't look nice anymore, and I can't seem to maintain it (naturally curly hair, as soon as I get warm on my forehead/it rains my full fringe just kinks).

It's so short now though I don't know what to do with it. I've been pushing it to the side and trying to straighten it so that it sort of curves under to hide the fact it is just a block fringe, but I feel it looks pretty dodgy

Anyone any suggestions?
    Beauty comes from inside, Im sure you'll look just fine.

ReputationRep:
    Wait for it to grow out and side sweep it as much as you can until it does/when it does.

Other than that there's not much you can do. I find using straighteners to kind of curl it under looks a lot better. So don't just straighten your fringe down, straighten outwards then twist under at the end of your fringe.

ReputationRep:
    Is the full fringe where you look like a pair of curtains? If so, you kinda deserve it for thinking that kinda thing looks good.

ReputationRep:
    french plait it untill it grows out, that's what I have always done and I have grown out a fringe twice

Name:  Boho-braids.jpg
Views: 2747
Size:  20.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    french plait it untill it grows out, that's what I have always done and I have grown out a fringe twice

Name:  Boho-braids.jpg
Views: 2747
Size:  20.2 KB
    That's such a pretty look, I think plaits at the front have so much going for them if they are done really well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    That's such a pretty look, I think plaits at the front have so much going for them if they are done really well.
    My hair is too straight for it to look great but its still better than having an annoying length fringe!

ReputationRep:
    I am sure it is not that bad and you could always pin it back until it grows problem=solved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    My hair is too straight for it to look great but its still better than having an annoying length fringe!
    Yes, it works better with waves or soft wavy hair, but I have seen examples with fine straight blonde hair that looked great.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.