Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No Hospital work ex for pharmacy Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping to study pharmacy at uni and I applied to work experience at hospitals and guess what i got rejected by all of them.

Do you think i still have a shot at kcl or ucl with out work ex in a hospital?

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legal drugdealer)
    anyone?
    you can try gap medics

ReputationRep:
    Or why dont you go and ask in local pharmacies ? Thats what I did Good luck

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani45)
    Or why dont you go and ask in local pharmacies ? Thats what I did Good luck

I have 4 days work ex in a community pharmacy and im trying to get more but do you think it will be enough for the likes of UCL or KCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shybrowngirl)
    you can try gap medics
    For pharmacy? Dont you have to be on a gap year?

ReputationRep:
    Hm, 4 days.. it might be but try and get a few more weeks. I did 6 weeks work experience in 2 different pharmacies and Liverpool accepted that. But bare in mind I am doing Pharmacology not Pharmacy.

Just go and ask your local pharmacies if they need any help. Say that you want to volunteer/have some work experience and will do anything they need. For example in one of the pharmacies that I went all I did was dispensing drugs but I learned a lot of names of drugs and what are they used for.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legal drugdealer)
    For pharmacy? Dont you have to be on a gap year?
    not really, you can try getting it for the summer holiday and phone them, i wanted to find psychology related work experience and i phoned the lady, they do them but it didn't say on the website.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys you've given me a lot of ideas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani45)
    Hm, 4 days.. it might be but try and get a few more weeks. I did 6 weeks work experience in 2 different pharmacies and Liverpool accepted that. But bare in mind I am doing Pharmacology not Pharmacy.

Just go and ask your local pharmacies if they need any help. Say that you want to volunteer/have some work experience and will do anything they need. For example in one of the pharmacies that I went all I did was dispensing drugs but I learned a lot of names of drugs and what are they used for.

Good luck

They actually let you do something when i was doing my work ex i was just basically watching the pharmacist

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.