Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

No Hospital work ex for pharmacy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping to study pharmacy at uni and I applied to work experience at hospitals and guess what i got rejected by all of them.

Do you think i still have a shot at kcl or ucl with out work ex in a hospital?

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legal drugdealer)
    anyone?
    you can try gap medics

ReputationRep:
    Or why dont you go and ask in local pharmacies ? Thats what I did Good luck

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani45)
    Or why dont you go and ask in local pharmacies ? Thats what I did Good luck

I have 4 days work ex in a community pharmacy and im trying to get more but do you think it will be enough for the likes of UCL or KCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shybrowngirl)
    you can try gap medics
    For pharmacy? Dont you have to be on a gap year?

ReputationRep:
    Hm, 4 days.. it might be but try and get a few more weeks. I did 6 weeks work experience in 2 different pharmacies and Liverpool accepted that. But bare in mind I am doing Pharmacology not Pharmacy.

Just go and ask your local pharmacies if they need any help. Say that you want to volunteer/have some work experience and will do anything they need. For example in one of the pharmacies that I went all I did was dispensing drugs but I learned a lot of names of drugs and what are they used for.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legal drugdealer)
    For pharmacy? Dont you have to be on a gap year?
    not really, you can try getting it for the summer holiday and phone them, i wanted to find psychology related work experience and i phoned the lady, they do them but it didn't say on the website.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys you've given me a lot of ideas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani45)
    Hm, 4 days.. it might be but try and get a few more weeks. I did 6 weeks work experience in 2 different pharmacies and Liverpool accepted that. But bare in mind I am doing Pharmacology not Pharmacy.

Just go and ask your local pharmacies if they need any help. Say that you want to volunteer/have some work experience and will do anything they need. For example in one of the pharmacies that I went all I did was dispensing drugs but I learned a lot of names of drugs and what are they used for.

Good luck

They actually let you do something when i was doing my work ex i was just basically watching the pharmacist

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.