Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    This is for those who are also planning to make applications in Financial Services industry in this coming Autumn.

The assessment centre stage, especially written exercises, used to be where I have been always ended with failing. It motivates me to form a small group - maybe 4/5 people to stimulate/practise the assessment centre and integrate each one's strengths.

We will be aimed to improve skills in the following areas:

-Psychometric tests, including verbal, numerical and logical, as these tests can be contained in some assessment centres. (I have some tests pools for some companies, we can further generate more for other companies);

-Written exercises, where we need to pick up some materials from real assessment centres, newspapers and other resources. So forming a team will highly improve the efficiency - we can do this preparation in turn.

- Group case study, including discussion, answering assessor's questions, and probably a presentation. We can serve as the assessor in turn.

- Competency/Technical based interview.

We will definitely focus on the part of Written Exercise and Group Discussion, as they are more objective. We can gather together once/twice a week at a library or some other quite places for 2 hours on the exercises.

PM me with your email should you be interested. I will email you all back/form a facebook group, once we get 4/5 people to see where we go.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londonburger)
    This is for those who are also planning to make applications in Financial Services industry in this coming Autumn.

The assessment centre stage, especially written exercises, used to be where I have been always ended with failing. It motivates me to form a small group - maybe 4/5 people to stimulate/practise the assessment centre and integrate each one's strengths.

-Psychometric tests, including verbal, numerical and logical, as these tests can be contained in some assessment centres. (I have some tests pools for some companies, we can further generate more for other companies);

-Written exercises, where we need to pick up some materials from real assessment centres, newspapers and other resources. So forming a team will highly improve the efficiency - we can do this preparation in turn.

- Group case study, including discussion, answering assessor's questions, and probably a presentation. We can serve as the assessor in turn.

We will definitely focus on the part of Written Exercise and Group Discussion, as they are more objective. We can gather together once/twice a week at a library or some other quite places for 2 hours on the exercises.

PM me with your email should you be interested. I will email you all back/form a facebook group, once we get 4/5 people to see where we go.

Talking about group "stimulation" could well explain why you haven't yet been successful in written tasks...

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, simulation mate. Group stimulation is an entirely different thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londonburger)

If you want to practice verbal reasoning psychometrics then you might be interested in this.

I did an internship for a psychometric test publisher and they are allowing me to use their verbal reasoning test as part of my dissertation project.
    You need psychometric practice and I need dissertation participants, win win?

Its used for loads of graduate schemes by various employers. I can send you the ability performance feedback report for the psychometric which is quite handy, and its just good practice if you havent done psychometrics before.

My study takes roughly 25mins to complete and the psychometric part is at the end.
    http://surveys.fahs.surrey.ac.uk/np0...&hid_pagenum=0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by np00063)
    If you want to practice verbal reasoning psychometrics then you might be interested in this.

I did an internship for a psychometric test publisher and they are allowing me to use their verbal reasoning test as part of my dissertation project.
    You need psychometric practice and I need dissertation participants, win win?

Its used for loads of graduate schemes by various employers. I can send you the ability performance feedback report for the psychometric which is quite handy, and its just good practice if you havent done psychometrics before.

My study takes roughly 25mins to complete and the psychometric part is at the end.
    http://surveys.fahs.surrey.ac.uk/np0...&hid_pagenum=0
    Thank you very much. I will complete it once I have got 30 hours free.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.