Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Stress From School And They Wont Help Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am getting stressed out over french to the point where i am not sleeping at night, i don't feel like eating the days i have french. The teacher is horriable to me. I have failed all my course work because she would not help me or give me a scribe or extra time. She says littile comments to me like not good when i speak french but says excellent to every one else. She told my head of year i was wagging french but i went to maths revision and i told here and she said ok then twisted it trying to give me a 75min detention. My parents are going mad at school, they wont let me drop it and are forcing me to sit in the class. What can i do? Can my doctor force them to let me drop it?

ReputationRep:
    This sounds pretty much exactly like what my sister is going through in almost every detail (send me a message if its you... I know you'll recognise my username... but looking at your other posts unless you're using someone elses account so, perhaps not)

I'll guess that you didn't choose to do french but were made to on a baccalaureate programme? I don't know if your doctor can do anything, but its worth trying. If its making you ill they could possibly write a letter but if the school are being dicks to you anyway there's no guarantee they'll listen.

Do you even care about french? If you hate it, don't think you'll pass or do well... the best thing would be to carry on... do as little as you can get away with, keep your head down and try to let it wash over you. Focus on your other subjects. I saw from another post you're in yr 11 so you've only got a couple of months left and then it will be done with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanej13)
    Hey, I am getting stressed out over french to the point where i am not sleeping at night, i don't feel like eating the days i have french. The teacher is horriable to me. I have failed all my course work because she would not help me or give me a scribe or extra time. She says littile comments to me like not good when i speak french but says excellent to every one else. She told my head of year i was wagging french but i went to maths revision and i told here and she said ok then twisted it trying to give me a 75min detention. My parents are going mad at school, they wont let me drop it and are forcing me to sit in the class. What can i do? Can my doctor force them to let me drop it?

(Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    This sounds pretty much exactly like what my sister is going through in almost every detail (send me a message if its you... I know you'll recognise my username... but looking at your other posts unless you're using someone elses account so, perhaps not)

I'll guess that you didn't choose to do french but were made to on a baccalaureate programme? I don't know if your doctor can do anything, but its worth trying. If its making you ill they could possibly write a letter but if the school are being dicks to you anyway there's no guarantee they'll listen.

Do you even care about french? If you hate it, don't think you'll pass or do well... the best thing would be to carry on... do as little as you can get away with, keep your head down and try to let it wash over you. Focus on your other subjects. I saw from another post you're in yr 11 so you've only got a couple of months left and then it will be done with.
    I second what Kabloomybuzz says. It isn't essential to have a language. Yes it will look good,but it's not a requirement. I didn't do a language GCSE and still got onto a Law degree. As what Kabloomybuzz says, just keep your head down, let it all wash off your back all of the comments, do the bare minimum to keep people happy. There is nothing to stop you doing language courses later on in life if you so wanted to, my university offer free language courses to first years and at the end they get a certificate demonstrating a certain level of proficiency. Don't worry

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.