Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have a summer job offer from a company called Education First who provide english language training for people across the world. Yesterday i was so excited and ready to receive an offer. However now i'm starting to worry about things such as :

I have to gain a TEFL qualification before i can begin the job, the company have provided me with a discounted course however i'm worried i will not be able to complete the course before June (my start date) as I'm currently finishing off my Geography degree and will be untill middle of may.

I am also worried that i'll begin the job and decide i do not wish to continue working with them for the summer, if this happens i will then have to pay Education First £304 for the discounted course which education first contributed to.

Lastly they have not told me where in the UK I'll be based and won't do so untill i've confirmed the job offer. This panics me as i suppose i feel I'm going into the unknown.

I guess i'm just looking for advice about whether i should accept and if i'm making a mountain out of a mole hill . Anyone had any experience with them?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.