Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Holiday with Gran Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm going down to London with my grandma for a long weekend in London over the summer. She's been tied down looking after her own mum for years and I want to get her out and about to see some of the world before she is too old or frail and as she's never been to London before I thought this would be a good place to start. Only thing is, I'm 16 and would feel slightly embarrassed walking round London with my grandma . I know that sounds awful but I would. My question is, what would you think if you saw a 16 year old out and about with a grandparent? Wierdo? Or is it not that unordinary?
    Cheers guys, Adam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam543)
    Okay, so I'm going down to London with my grandma for a long weekend in London over the summer. She's been tied down looking after her own mum for years and I want to get her out and about to see some of the world before she is too old or frail and as she's never been to London before I thought this would be a good place to start. Only thing is, I'm 16 and would feel slightly embarrassed walking round London with my grandma . I know that sounds awful but I would. My question is, what would you think if you saw a 16 year old out and about with a grandparent? Wierdo? Or is it not that unordinary?
    Cheers guys, Adam.
    I go out with my Gran all the time and I'm 18 and have an active social life, you'll be her age one day too you know

ReputationRep:
    Who cares what other people think? I know it may seem a bit embarrassing but it's not like they're ever going to see you again is it? Just go down there and enjoy the time you have with your grandparent!

ReputationRep:
    What is there to be ashamed of? It's great that you're giving her a break, and perfectly normal for grandkids to spend time with their grandparents, I mean you're family...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I really shouldn't care what other people think, its just you dont normally see a teenage lad with a grandparent. I just won't let myself worry about what other people are thinking and enjoy the time

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.