Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Would you find it a turn-off if a girl liked football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, i do. I support Chelsea, play Centreback and love Fifa/FM. Sometimes people act like its a turn off and that i'm 'butch', so i just wondered what the majority thought of girls interested in football. i've seen a variety of responses but i just wondered: would it bother you if a girl (or your girlfriend etc) really liked football?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Nope would be pretty awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Nope. :sexface:
    Haha good, like some boys call me a lesbian for it and stuff. Meh

ReputationRep:
    tbh i think id prefer it!

ReputationRep:
    Probably a turn on.

ReputationRep:
    No, but I might feel slightly emasculated if she knew more about it than I do!

Still, at least there wouldn't ever be arguments about who got the TV if a match was on...

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. As with a man, I might think better or worse of her based on the football team she supported. In general, would think less of a glory seeker instead of supporting her local team or the team from her family origins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Not at all. As with a man, I might think better or worse of her based on the football team she supported. In general, would think less of a glory seeker instead of supporting her local team or the team from her family origins.
    Not everyone who supports a big team is a glory seeker..I'm Chelsea and thats because my dad's supported since the 70's..Been brought up Chelsea, before the glory

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I would absolutely castigate her for having the audacity to like football!

Just kidding.

I wouldn't mind but I'd prefer if they weren't interested because you end up having endless loveable arguments about the TV control and football being on non-stop but then you can laugh about and make up, which is the best part I assume.

ReputationRep:
    Two words: Alex Morgan

Seriously though, I would class a girl wife material if she declared her love for Fifa and Call of Duty as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there's nothing more repulsive than a girl who shares my interests and wants to talk to me about stuff I enjoy. Why aren't there more women who hate everything I care about?

ReputationRep:
    Not at all! Would be a turn on. Potentially problematic if she supported a team I dislike a lot though and vice versa...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenx123x)
    Basically, i do. I support Chelsea, play Centreback and love Fifa/FM. Sometimes people act like its a turn off and that i'm 'butch', so i just wondered what the majority thought of girls interested in football. i've seen a variety of responses but i just wondered: would it bother you if a girl (or your girlfriend etc) really liked football?
    If anyone calls you butch again tell them to **** off.

Me and my boyfriend go to the football together all the time and watch it in the pub together, most guys will appreciate it if you know what you are talking about

ReputationRep:
    No but it'd be a turn-off finding out they supported Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorito)
    No but it'd be a turn-off finding out they supported Chelsea.
    How dare you. Nothing wrong with Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenx123x)
    Not everyone who supports a big team is a glory seeker..I'm Chelsea and thats because my dad's supported since the 70's..Been brought up Chelsea, before the glory
    Glad to know you remember the days before the Russian billionaire. I wonder how many Man U supporters remember the manager before Sir Alex Ferguson.

ReputationRep:
    I think a girl that enjoys her football (or any sport really) is pretty cool as it's something else to talk about. Personally I follow rugby closer than football and if a girl says she follows one or the other, or even both, then I think it's awesome and I like her that little bit more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Two words: Alex Morgan

Seriously though, I would class a girl wife material if she declared her love for Fifa and Call of Duty as well.
    If she was good at Fifa, I think I'd end up neglecting all my friends and just chill at hers all day. I'd absolutely love that :lol:
    I find it easier to relate to girls with loads of similarities. It's one of the only 3 things I talk about.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.