Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Would you find it a turn-off if a girl liked football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenx123x)
    The way we are run doesn't affect your club, neither does the protest, nor does our player power or the 'flags' you claim exist, that, for the record, i have never seen upon attending a match.

He didn't 'BUY' us trophies, we won trophies before him and continue to.
    but you asked me to give you reasons. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Glad to know you remember the days before the Russian billionaire. I wonder how many Man U supporters remember the manager before Sir Alex Ferguson.
    How many Man U supporters were even born then? not me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaQ_mAn_)
    How many Man U supporters were even born then? not me
    Doesn't mean that you shouldn't know about your club history. It's funny though because they're the same guys harping on about city/chelsea having no history when all they know is their history since 1992.

Or how a lot of arsenal fans only became "fans" because they went unbeaten.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Doesn't mean that you shouldn't know about your club history. It's funny though because they're the same guys harping on about city/chelsea having no history when all they know is their history since 1992.

How long were you a Chelsea fan for? Were you a supporter in your nappies?

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's amazing. I've found my wife. Seriously I love watching football. Whether it be at home, at the pub, at a mates, at the stadium football is ridiculously addictive. I'm a bit too passionate about it in fact(I blame fm)

If that girl was good at fifa too that'll top the lot(since 95% of men are crap at the game already), you've found a special one.
    I'll have you know i'm a dab hand at FIFA too..

That was just one game against my older brother. Exactly, you guys are crap at FIFA

But i agree, football is stupidly addictive. I would love nothing more than to travel around just to go to so many different football grounds and games around the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    How long were you a Chelsea fan for? Were you a supporter in your nappies?

:rofl:
    Na, nothing to do with my point either. Just saying that when you're supporting a club you should actually know things about your club. Not just what your club do now. I can just go and support manchester city then and it'll make no difference.

If you support your friend in court because he's getting done for manslaughter, you should know things about your friend that would make you think he's innocent and not just blindly support him because everyone else is doing it. That's how I see it. The fans who don't even watch or know when chelsea are playing but scream loud as **** and screamed roberto di matteo's name when they just happened to win a penalty shootout.

ReputationRep:

They gained admirers, you can't prove they gained many plastics- but I'd admit every team who achieves success will have some plastics. In Arsenal's case- I'd imagine they're gone now.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Na, nothing to do with my point either. Just saying that when you're supporting a club you should actually know things about your club. Not just what your club do now. I can just go and support manchester city then and it'll make no difference.

If you support your friend in court because he's getting done for manslaughter, you should know things about your friend that would make you think he's innocent and not just blindly support him because everyone else is doing it. That's how I see it. The fans who don't even watch or know when chelsea are playing but scream loud as **** and screamed roberto di matteo's name when they just happened to win a penalty shootout.
    good point m8, I got well carried away :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'll tell my game time in public. I spend an average of 5 hours a day on it.
    Seen sunlight any time recently? Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    I'll have you know i'm a dab hand at FIFA too..

That was just one game against my older brother. Exactly, you guys are crap at FIFA

But i agree, football is stupidly addictive. I would love nothing more than to travel around just to go to so many different football grounds and games around the world.
    Holy crap I'm flabbergasted. I do that to people loads though, beat someone 11-2 last time I played and done my friends over 14-0, 8-0 and 9-1 in 3 games. Gets to the point that I play for a 2 goal cushion and defend or my mates won't play with me anymore(in fact they don't I play seasons)

Football is just too good. I'd love to do that as well. I'd love to go to the french stadia, parc de princes and stade de france especially, wanna go paris sometime in the next year so that would probably make my trip going there.
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    They gained admirers, you can't prove they gained many plastics- but I'd admit every team who achieves success will have some plastics. In Arsenal's case- I'd imagine they're gone now.
    Highly doubt it. The ones who put bin bags on seats but when they beat blackburn 7-1 the following game starts hailing wenger. Course they don't have plastics... Every club does and at the top it's worse. For the top 4 especially.

(Original post by So Instinct)
    Seen sunlight any time recently? Lol.
    Na, usually go sleep around 5am after late night FM sessions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Highly doubt it. The ones who put bin bags on seats but when they beat blackburn 7-1 the following game starts hailing wenger. Course they don't have plastics... Every club does and at the top it's worse.

ReputationRep:
    He didn't 'BUY' us trophies, we won trophies before him and continue to.
    You can't really argue against money buying Chelsea trophies..

Or indeed how many Swansea fans were there before Michu and their relatively current success.
    There are two major clubs in Wales, I'm pretty sure their fan level wouldn't have gone up much at all. They've obviously won a lot of respect from fans who watch the PL because of the way they play but that's about it.

But as for your main question(!), of course it's great. Any football fan would love it. My girlfriend now knows whenever Villa play. Ironically, she wants to talk about it and I refuse, given our state! She's also been to games with me but now refuses to buy me tickets because it angers me too much.

Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    Basically, i do. I support Chelsea, play Centreback and love Fifa/FM. Sometimes people act like its a turn off and that i'm 'butch', so i just wondered what the majority thought of girls interested in football. i've seen a variety of responses but i just wondered: would it bother you if a girl (or your girlfriend etc) really liked football?
    NO-what a f**king stupid question. Idiocy is however, a turn-off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)

There are two major clubs in Wales, I'm pretty sure their fan level wouldn't have gone up much at all. They've obviously won a lot of respect from fans who watch the PL because of the way they play but that's about it.

But as for your main question(!), of course it's great. Any football fan would love it. My girlfriend now knows whenever Villa play. Ironically, she wants to talk about it and I refuse, given our state! She's also been to games with me but now refuses to buy me tickets because it angers me too much.

Sigh.
    Er well I can argue against it, we were a fairly good team before Roman, not like the likes of City who won NOTHING.

And yea, i just didn't know how the majority of men view it tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlatan?)
    NO-what a f**king stupid question. Idiocy is however, a turn-off.
    How is that a stupid question? Getting called a lesbian for playing football has lead me to wonder how people feel about it...Also, having a lack of respect for women and arrogance, highlighted in the way you've just addressed me, is a huge turn off.

ReputationRep:

Sigh.
    So how much did our premier league title cost, I never knew that it was at an auction. We won things before and he's taken us to a new level. We were in the CL before roman but he got us to win it. It's like if tottenham got bankrolled right now(although they are in a better situation than we were in 1999 we had similar level squads to the tottenham team right now) Just wondered would you consider everton, arsenal or even liverpool getting bankrolled to a title as having bought a title? Despite how they won things before and are some of the most successful clubs in england but aren't going to win it anytime soon with their squads.

ReputationRep:
    Er well I can argue against it, we were a fairly good team before Roman, not like the likes of City who won NOTHING.

And yea, i just didn't know how the majority of men view it tbh
    Just because you were a fairly good team before, it doesn't mean you haven't bought success through money that wasn't earned by the club. There's no way you'd have won the PL three times without Abramovich :lol: Chelsea have won half of their entire trophy list since he came in. Are you saying this is a coincidence? That without the money you'd have won half of your entire trophy cabinet? Stop embarrassing yourself.

City are worse than Chelsea, of course.

ReputationRep:
    How is that a stupid question? Getting called a lesbian for playing football has lead me to wonder how people feel about it...Also, having a lack of respect for women and arrogance, highlighted in the way you've just addressed me, is a huge turn off.
    I'm not the one asking the question 'is arrogance and lack of respect a turn-off'. That's effing obvious you rank trollop.

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap I'm flabbergasted. I do that to people loads though, beat someone 11-2 last time I played and done my friends over 14-0, 8-0 and 9-1 in 3 games. Gets to the point that I play for a 2 goal cushion and defend or my mates won't play with me anymore(in fact they don't I play seasons)

Football is just too good. I'd love to do that as well. I'd love to go to the french stadia, parc de princes and stade de france especially, wanna go paris sometime in the next year so that would probably make my trip going there.
    Bet it's all done on amateur mode or whatever it is! I have to admit that the 8-3 was a one off against my brother and it just happened it was my Porto and his Benfica hence why i have evidence of it to wave it in his face. But when i was at uni i surprised a few guys with my ability of beating them on fifa! However, on the xbox that's a completely different story! I'll admit defeat right there.

Yeah, you cannot visit a place without visiting the stadia, even if it's just to walk past it! I have been to the Stade de France but that was to watch rugby and i don't particularly like rugby but i wasn't turning down the chance to visit that stadium!

ReputationRep:
    Just because you were a fairly good team before, it doesn't mean you haven't bought success through money that wasn't earned by the club. There's no way you'd have won the PL three times without Abramovich :lol: Chelsea have won half of their entire trophy list since he came in. Are you saying this is a coincidence? That without the money you'd have won half of your entire trophy cabinet? Stop embarrassing yourself.

City are worse than Chelsea, of course.
    No of course not, but to be honest, money is used by all teams when gaining success, so its no different to anyone else. I'm not 'embarrassing' myself....

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.