Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Would you find it a turn-off if a girl liked football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Nah, like for me it would just be another thing in common

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul of Mischief)
    The reason I don't like Chelsea is because of the large minority of violent knucklehead racist fans you've always had and still have. Some who were the original ****s back in the 70's and 80's and still think they're London's top boys and some are their kids who are equally as stupid. Will always remember getting threatened by four big blokes with my dad coming out of Stamford Bridge back in 02/03 when I was ten! Plus one of my best mates is Indian and now lives in South London, he's been beaten up by Chelsea fans, for you guessed it the colour of his skin, and it's happened to at least four other people I know.

Secondly is the attitude that Roman didn't buy your titles. It's ridiculous and laughably untrue. You were two weeks away from being Leeds version 2. Everyone wishes the same thing had happened to their club (a rich benefactor) but had things worked as they should have, you would have gone bankrupt and had to sell your best players. All of your success since 04 is owed to him. No point in pretending, if he hadn't come in you wouldn't have won the league, you wouldn't have won all those FA cups and you wouldn't be Champion's of Europe. It was a credit to the players in the way they played, but without that money stolen from the Russian people, hell would have frozen over before chelsea won the European cup.

Chelsea caused massive wage inflation which has put up ticket prices and priced people out of watching the game. It does effect my club (Arsenal). I admit football was already very expensive by the early 2000's but it was still more affordable now, and it probably would have reached the stage we're at now at some point. But Roman and his russian roubles came in and accelerated the process so much. Football wage inflation has been ridiculous in the last ten years and the mighty 'Chels' started that. Why do you think Arsenal and the Tiny Tott's tickets are so expensive and yet neither team can pay any of their players over 100k a week.

But fair enough, you're not a glory supporter, unlike half of London who claim to have been chels forever. I've asked so many of these people if they know who Peter Osgood is and most of them don't. At this point I tell them to stop calling themselves chelsea fans.
    Alot of it does stem from jealousy. Financially, yes we were lucky. No we wouldn't have done as well, but if we hadn't have been the first, another team would have. Fulham are a prime example. They bought their way up the leagues but because of little success, no one says anything whatsoever because they pose no threat.

I'm not proud of it, but yes I do know someone in my family was involved in the Chelsea headhunters, but believe me, there were farm worse firms (Millwall, West Ham, Cardiff, Man United and City). I go to matches, and only once have I ever seen ANYTHING kick off (Cardiff v Chelsea) which goes to show that we shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush.

You are right- i am indeed not a glory hunter, Peter Osgood and Ron Harris are amongst my favourite players, alongside JT, Desailly, Wise and Lamps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Obviously money is spent by any club who wins something, that's basic economics. I'm not saying it's bad for supporters- I'd love Villa to be owned by a billionaire (oh, wait..), but it's bad for football. To argue that every other team winning something is equivalent is utter rubbish and ignorance. Abramovich has lost about £700m from Chelsea alone ffs. This is ruining football.

City had also won just as many trophies as you in the past. If you find something wrong with City's situation, try looking at how Chelsea won things.
    That is genuinely not true. We won more FA Cups, the Super cup and more league cup titles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    The fact that you support Chelsea however is a deal breaker. Cannot get along with them... I kid I kid I have my buddy Jam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries homeboy.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry we've proven Barcelona and a Chelsea fan can co exist haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenx123x)
    That is genuinely not true. We won more FA Cups, the Super cup and more league cup titles.
    No. City had won 4 FA Cups, Chelsea 3. And more league titles than you. This really isn't the point, either. If my girlfriend knew what you knew about football I'd rather she didn't...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sagacious)
    Argh, you have deployed a cliff-hanger! I have to ask what are the other two things?
    My love of music(don't let me near a piano because it's as bad as my FM addiction) and general stuff(girls, girls, food, philosophy, girls) that kinda stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Take it you like girls? Just a guess though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gotta love girls mate. Gotta love em.
    No. City had won 4 FA Cups, Chelsea 3. And more league titles than you. This really isn't the point, either. If my girlfriend knew what you knew about football I'd rather she didn't...
    She said league cups. Not league titles although if I'm right we had the same amount of league cups.
    Plus we also had european success in two cup winners cups. So that would easily equate to the extra league title. The fact is that before abramovich we were still a successful club contending for honours while although city at a time were successful(1960s amirite?) they were not anywhere near contending for any major honours whatsoever until the sheiks came round while we were. It's like comparing tottenham right now to Fulham or stoke.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the daughter of an ex-referee and so I love football - and I'm with a guy who can't stand it :laugh: it's kind of back to front

ReputationRep:
    so you think i know nothing about football? oh. right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Sorry just had to show this. Was div1 ultimate team online lol. Guy quit and sent me abuse because he didn't touch the ball for 25 mins. Can't lie my brother batters me in fifa at times(but as a TSR user who faced him by accident knows he's not a guy to mess with). Na legendary or nothing, online seasons too He wins 6 out of ten games against me. But we know how to batter each other. He beat me 4-0 one match and I beat him 6-0 the rest :haha:

Really need to visit some stadia. My plan is to save money for the world cup too and go with my brother and his mates (planned this like 3 years ago :lol:)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, alright show off! It makes me laugh when people send abuse though.

Yeah, just to experience other games too. I've been to games in Portugal but the rest have all been here in the UK. Sounds just like the plan i made but to go to Brazil next year! I have saved up for it too but i'm now too much of a chicken to go alone.

ReputationRep:
    If I could find me a girl who knew her American Football I would put a ring on it and wife her so quickly...

Go to some of the German stadiums there great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so you think i know nothing about football? oh. right.
    I know you love 'banter' :rolleyes:

(Original post by jam277)
    Gotta love girls mate. Gotta love em.

She said league cups. Not league titles.
    Plus we also had european success in two cup winners cups. So that would easily equate to the extra league title. The fact is that before abramovich we were still a successful club contending for honours while although city at a time were successful(1960s amirite?) they were not anywhere near contending for any major honours until the sheiks came round.
    Sure...

Yeah I know what she said, I'm just saying she ignored the thing that actually counts. And yes I also know where Chelsea were - I've said already that they were in a fairly decent position when Roman came in. My only point that I've made is that they've bought success, which is undeniable. As a Chelsea fan I'm sure you couldn't care less, but it's silly to deny it's why they now have a large global following. £700m loss since Roman came in is a travesty for football. I think the point about transfer and wage inflation has also been made. Her argument about 'if it wasn't us it would've been somebody else' is irrelevant; it was Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    Basically, i do. I support Chelsea, play Centreback and love Fifa/FM. Sometimes people act like its a turn off and that i'm 'butch', so i just wondered what the majority thought of girls interested in football. i've seen a variety of responses but i just wondered: would it bother you if a girl (or your girlfriend etc) really liked football?
    Would you like me to explain the offside rule?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus2001)
    You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes.

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and, *whilst it is in flight* you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes.

Always remembering that until the purse had *actually been thrown* it would be plain wrong to be forward of the other shopper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus2001)
    Don't even try and pull that one...as i have stated, I PLAY football, thus have a perfectly clear understanding of the Offside rule. Would you like me to explain a concept called 'Gender Equality' to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    If I could find me a girl who knew her American Football I would put a ring on it and wife her so quickly...

Go to some of the German stadiums there great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If someone would take me to go and watch FC Koln then i would marry them tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Haha, alright show off! It makes me laugh when people send abuse though.

Yeah, just to experience other games too. I've been to games in Portugal but the rest have all been here in the UK. Sounds just like the plan i made but to go to Brazil next year! I have saved up for it too but i'm now too much of a chicken to go alone.
    Abuse is possibly the funniest thing about the game. Getting cussed in another language is jokes too. I just flame them back. Some scum playing the game too. Pausing the game when they get a ball in their box e.g. to stop you scoring.

I need to work in the summer but that's not a problem. I've only watched matches in england. Just liverpool, the hammers and chelsea. Might watch an everton game while I'm at uni because my mates have season tickets. Thinking of other places to go. Might go to stoke and watch a match for the lulz. Since serie A is my favourite league might go to the giuseppe meazza one time too.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry my allegiance is to SC Freiburg...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.