Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Would you find it a turn-off if a girl liked football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    No. She could go in goal when I practice free kicks.

ReputationRep:
    I love football and I've never been mocked or called a lesbo for it. I know quite a few girls/women that like football, it's really not a big deal :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Aha that would mainly depend on the team they support! But a girl liking football us awesome, meaning you share a fundamental similitaity and can perhaps use it to spend more time together, as it's a hobby. Football feminism eh? In the economics of football, I'd say that females following the sport is very cool but if she supports a rival team, then it is a hard call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenx123x)
    Alot of it does stem from jealousy. Financially, yes we were lucky. No we wouldn't have done as well, but if we hadn't have been the first, another team would have. Fulham are a prime example. They bought their way up the leagues but because of little success, no one says anything whatsoever because they pose no threat.

I'm not proud of it, but yes I do know someone in my family was involved in the Chelsea headhunters, but believe me, there were farm worse firms (Millwall, West Ham, Cardiff, Man United and City). I go to matches, and only once have I ever seen ANYTHING kick off (Cardiff v Chelsea) which goes to show that we shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush.

You are right- i am indeed not a glory hunter, Peter Osgood and Ron Harris are amongst my favourite players, alongside JT, Desailly, Wise and Lamps
    You're right, there are other fans there that are just as bad, but my dad lived in South London for a while in the 80's (in Battersea, which was hardcore Chelsea before it gentrified and later in Bermondsey) so he when Arsenal were away and he hadn't gone he would sometimes go and watch Millwall or chelsea and he said he hated Stamford Bridge passionately. Was filled with neo-nazis seig heiling all the time and they congregated in the old Shed end which Chelsea fans remember which such fondness. Even today Spurs always get hissing sound and seig heils from chelsea fans. It was just a fascist racist meeting place. He said the Den was an intimidating violent place, but there were never any nazis there and he said the racism at Chelsea was much worse (of course that's just one person's opinion, but he said there were some black people at the Den in the early 80's but he never saw a single black person at Stamford Bridge).

Like I said all clubs have their idiot fans, the Arsenal definitely have some, but it just seems that Chelsea have a greater number than a lot of other clubs. Add to that I've had bad experiences with them and some of my very good mates have to, well that just adds to Chelsea hate I have!

So JT, Lamps, Wise, Desailly and Fat Frank are your favourite players from recent times?! What about Zola! Everyone loved Zola. To be fair that Chelsea team from the early 2000's had some very good players. I hated Wise, but he's the kind of player anyone would love if he played for your team and he was from SW london so fair enough! I used to think Gudjohnsen always came across as alright too, and I thought Cudicini was a great goalie. I can't ever remember Chelsea having a bad goalie in my life. Cech and Cudicini are both quality! I remember Melchiott and Gronkjaer though, haha never rated them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenx123x)
    Why should I 'knock it off'? If thats my interest, thats my interest. i think you're hinting that girls like football for attention when its not the case.

She's not referring to you enjoying football, she's referring to the thread. There's been hundreds of these related to football and gaming. It just comes across that way to many, many people.

The whole gaming thing, at the end of the day is no different than football.

(Original post by Tabzqt)
    I'm fine with girl gamers as long as they don't constantly bring up their gender. Unfortunately, that's what most of them do.

"hai guiz, im le gurl gamer and I play halo, do u love me yet? xD hehe"

Die.
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    I think that girl gamers are fine when they don't act like they're something special because of their gender. It's a bit random when they bring it into everything, and you start to wonder if they have a chip on their shoulder/something messed up with them. It's really not that uncommon, and I would judge an actual girl gamer based on what she knew/liked about video games rather than based on some weird dichotomy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Haha, i'm one of them! I will send abuse back but in Portuguese I like to think i'm too polite to go saying nasty things to them in English. Ha yes! And also when they quit on like the 80th minute because they're losing by a big score and know they will lose.

Stoke? Really?? Haha. Don't bother making the effort to go to Wigan either, nothing too exciting. I've watched Ac Milan-Sampdoria there back in 08 when they lost 2-1. I have to say that was pretty terrifying as it was in the curva sud and that was not the place for back then a 17 year old to be or even a female at all and that was just against Samp so God knows how i would be if they were playing Inter or Juve or some like that!
    Getting it in french is jokes because I know what they're saying. I get them to quit at half time sometimes. Or the first 5 mins(because it doesn't affect the score)

Na, was a joke can't stand the fans, the city or their manager, thought italy has a hostile atmosphere but I wanna go there for the sake of going to a match. Dunno about the racism though heard it's bad there but I love serie A so would want to go there. Germany would be a good option, not as much hostility there as italy but I'm not as big a fan of german football, I'd only watch dortmund or bayern munich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraRMCF)
    She's not referring to you enjoying football, she's referring to the thread. There's been hundreds of these related to football and gaming. It just comes across that way to many, many people.

The whole gaming thing, at the end of the day is no different than football.
    I don't care whether people like me or not for football- i'm not seeking anyone's approval/attention, I just wanted to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boner in joggers)
    No. She could go in goal when I practice free kicks.
    Good thinking. Brilliant idea!
    • TSR Support Team

I think it is great if a girl loves football

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I'll tell my game time in public. I spend an average of 5 hours a day on it.
    probably beat me, on 1500 hours in fm12 and fm13 now. needless to say a levels taking a back seat

ReputationRep:
    yes

I hate football

It's yite

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.