Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Girls how do you like to be approached? Watch

Basically as the title says, i usually find myself in the situation where i see a good looking girl and we make eye contact but i never know how to approach her. I'd hate to go over to a girl and say 'Hi' and have nothing else to say that would just be awakward
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    Please just smile...it can go a long way honestly

ReputationRep:
    Well personally I like it when they take me out for a meal, get me flowers and....oh. *ahem* I'm.... I'm going to go....

ReputationRep:
    Smile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I always liked being approached - as long as the guy wasn't creepy about it. It would be a bit awkward now having to explain that I have a boyfriend... But yeah, you'll find most smiley girls willing to make eye contact will be more than happy to talk, so just go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Just go up to her and motorboat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myah_94)
    Please just smile...it can go a long way honestly
    This.

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, smile and if she smiles back walk over and introduce yourself

ReputationRep:
    I like it when people just generally chit chat to me.
    Once I was in waterstones buying my friend a comic for christmas and didn't know what to pick, so I called up a different friend for advice. Some random guy around my age overheard and helped me pick one out, but then I realised he didn't work in the bookshop. We ended up talking about video games and general stuff. He was really nice, tall, funny and attractive but I didn't get his name by the time I said goodbye to him and left to pay for the book.
    Later my friends said he was coming on to me but I wasn't sure if he was just being nice?
    I'd say general chit chat but make sure it goes somewhere. Like after a bit ask for her number or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just go over and say hi. Most girls like being approached by a non-creepy guy who's confident and funny, even if it doesn't lead anywhere.

If you're at a party just say hi and make a comment about how its going. Not a negative comment, but a fun lighthearted one. Goes a long way to get a conversation started.

Also, don't stare at her for too long before going over to talk! That looks like you're some kind of predator hunting out the juiciest gazelle or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I like it when a guy catches my eye and smiles/ lifts his head in acknowledgement; If I like him too I'll mirror the gesture, that starts me wondering about him and I'll feel open and happy for him to come over and say hello. It doesn't matter if he can't think of anything much to say - we will muddle through. It's just nice to see someone has the confidence to approach

ReputationRep:
    ''Yo babes, what you saying?You cool yeah, set me your pin''

Nah, I joke. Smile, be confident (not cocky) and be a little cheeky. Make them feel special and like you're interested in what they say

ReputationRep:
    Just ask the girl questions. If it works for a 40 year old virgin taking advice from a stoner, then chances are it'll probably work for you too. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    It is the S word....Smile! Don't do the creepy perv stare before either. I am also a sucker for a nice compliment.....I know.....so shallow.....lol! Especially if it is well crafted such as, "hey, you chose a really great colour shirt that makes your hair even more gorgeous"

smile, be confident, compliment, ask a question, listen, converse.....

......we are simple creatures really......

ReputationRep:
    Just approach the girl, smile, be nice and make conversation.

ReputationRep:
    I think girls like to be approached with a line like 'hey, did you fart? Because you blew me away.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul M)
    I think girls like to be approached with a line like 'hey, did you fart? Because you blew me away.'

eh? you sure, that works.

you do realise I'm noting down all these ideas on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Just to second what a lot of other people have said, just smile and go up to her and say hii maybe give her a slight compliment, if it's genuine though, don't just blurt something out! Also read the situation, if she likes to talk a lot, listen and reply appropriately! Or if she's more quiet, take over the conversation, ask her things about her and at least pretend to be interested! Even if you're really not, you don't need to see her again, but you don't want to leave her thinking you didn't care! Might also be an idea when leave it to say like 'it's nice to meet you' manners definitely help, and if you want to see her again, definitely good to let her know that you enjoyed her company! hope that helps x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by College_Dropout)
    Just go up to her and motorboat.
    This.

Lol no. As others have said just smile. I've got a partner but before it was nice when guys would smile. If a girls interested she'll probably smile back, then you should feel confident approaching her but then I've only ever been approached by creepy guys. One males chat up line was 'wow is your hair real?' That's one to avoid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I find sincerity works for me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.