Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Guys: Want to be friends? Watch

I am a female...and want advice off you boys. What do you find friendly? If a girl smiled would you like it and smile back..I want to make more guy friends,nothing more. Please be honest

anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Smile and pop over to chat to them for a bit if they smile or wave back - just don't flirt in case they get the wrong idea, or if they're shy, you don't scare them away - it happens, honestly.

If you see them between classes or something and they see you, smile and wave at them, if you have time go over and chat for a bit.

If you see them walking to a class on their own or something, and you have time/are going the same way, then just walk with them and give them company.

Hugs are good when you're a little bit closer - so long as the guy hasn't shown interest in you as anything but a friend.

If you just want guy friends who are just friends - not even close friends, then you just have to be cheerful and nice. That's it really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a female...and want advice off you boys. What do you find friendly? If a girl smiled would you like it and smile back..I want to make more guy friends,nothing more. Please be honest
    Honestly... For me, just walk up and talk to me... I would find that friendly and smile back, but you could just walk up to them and talk to them

I don't think any guy is going to not want to talk to you, guys just generally aren't like that! So don't worry, just go up to them and talk

ReputationRep:
    Smile, be friendly, perky, attentive, but be sure to minimise flirtatious body language if that's not what you're looking for (this can be harder than you might think)

Making random male friends is pretty tricky when you're a girl, particularly if you're attractive, as whereas girls can tell if a guy is flirting pretty darn well, guys have almost no concept of this, and tend to get their hopes up, sometimes over **** all (this forum is testament to that ). It certainly helps if you have a boyfriend, as then you can throw that one out there straight away and you'll have far more certainty as to what their agenda is (albeit not complete certainty as telling a guy you have a bf only encourages some guys!) hehe

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.