Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Has anyone had any experience with challenging your assignment grade and requesting an external examiner?
    Contemplating doing just that..

    Each uni will have its own appeals process, so you need to find and follow those for your institution. If you can't find them online then your Programme Leader should be able to advise. It will probably be helpful to involve them if they're not already aware of your dissatisfaction. The appeal process is unlikely to involve an external examiner, although in my experience, all of my taught Masters assignments were second-marked internally anyway.

    Be aware that you generally can't appeal solely because you disagree with the mark or assessment. You have to base an appeal on a clearly identifiable error in marking or assessment. If the assignment has been second-marked, then you will have to demonstrate that either the second marker missed the mistake made by the first marker, or that the second marker made the same mistake.
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.