Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I got me some evoo the other day to help get some extra easy calories. The thing is though, what do i do with it? Do i add to pasta/rice when cooking? Or pasta sauce? Or do I add it cold when food is cooked?
    I eat scrambled eggs every day, should I replace butter with evoo?
    Sorry im not the brightest lol
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    EVOO?

A google tells me you probably mean Extra Virgin Olive Oil?

As to how you use it - that would depend how expensive it was and how good it tastes. My missus is a bit of a foodie and we have a bottle of expensive olive oil and then a cheaper one too.

We would use the expensive one sparingly on bread or possibly on salad or on pasta that didn't already have a strong sauce. I mean, with the good stuff - there is no point unless you can taste it. If you are cooking with olive oil, use a cheaper one since you won't notice any difference.

You could try it with scrambled eggs but tbh - butter probably tastes better.

If it is a good one, try dipping or spreading a bit on some nice bread instead of butter - tastes amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply,
    I got a cheap one from morrisons but I will still try dipping some bread in it then. If bread goes well with it do you think you could use it on the outside of a toastie?
    I only buy the cheap pasta sauces so I will add it to that then, will have to go by trial and error though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.