Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year undergrad and i was wondering if someone could give me a simple structure to approach contract law questions? The scenario question's we get given seem simple enough in seminars but when i'm alone, I get so confused as to how to structure an answer. It seems like I should be talking about everything! Any tips?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Give a scenario so I can explain how to approach Contract Law questions.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Lets suppose A made an offer to B instead of accepting it made an Offer to A. A declined and B said s/he accepts A's offer.

Requirement: Is A bound by B's acceptance?

*Try to answer this question in this sequence,
    1. What the Law says about situation like these?
    2. Apply it to the situation.*

In the question above:
    1. Law says when the a person makes a counter offer the first offer is automatically terminated. (Just paste what the text books says :P)
    Harvey vs Facey(I think this is the relevant case law for this)

2. A is not bound by the acceptance by B because when B made a counter offer the first offer was terminated.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.