Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Which dress best compliments my figure? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I went out today and tried on a few...didn't really love any of them as they didn't really stand out for me. They all looked like your average prom dress lol. I mainly wanted to see if they would suit my body frame.

Here they are:

Aidan Mattox: http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws...0a9f14df_7.jpg

BCBG: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEYBt4PCIAEUSw5.jpg:large

BCBG:http://distilleryimage11.s3.amazonaw...0aaa088d_6.jpg

Like I said, I'm still looking and I doubt I'll get any of them. The first is $350, second is $500, third is $500. I feel that for those prices, I can find something a lot better.

I realise these prices are extreme, however, I'm looking for dresses that I'd be able to wear again. For example, the third is a wonderful example of something I'd still be able to wear during the summer. However, it's not very promish at all.

I would prefer a more classy looking dress, preferably one with short sleeves and one that shows a tad bit of cleavage (not over the top) so it doesn't look too old. However, all those that I find seem to be in the thousand dollar range.

Anyways, opinions?

ReputationRep:
    Out of all three, I would pick the blue one.

ReputationRep:
    :ottid:

(Original post by Dragonfly07)
    Out of all three, I would pick the blue one.

ReputationRep:
    I like the pink one the best

ReputationRep:
    I really like the third one

The first one isn't very formal (also I don't like the colours) and I wouldn't buy the second one if you want to wear it a lot because the whole one-shoulder thing comes in and out of style a lot.

btw nice figure, you'll look awesome

ReputationRep:
    The pink one is stunning

ReputationRep:
    Asks which dress best compliments figure... doesn't even post naked pictures :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh I like the pink one! Gorgeous.
    I like the blue one but I find blue is such a common prom dress colour, and blue is everywhere at the minute.

ReputationRep:
    Cleavage looks great in first dress. But, it doesn't look worth THAT much money and it looks like a dress you'd wear on a beach. Dress 2 and 3 look much more elegant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you were going to get one of those three to wear to prom, then i'd choose the third one. But the style/shape of the first one looks good, I think it's just the colours that don't seem very prom-like. It'd be good though for some sort of formal, outdoor summer party or wedding reception or something like that. It's been a while since my prom though, it might be totally suitable for it

ReputationRep:
    Blue one looks great! Really suits your figure and your skin-tone.

I'm sure you'll look good in whichever dress you decide to wear

ReputationRep:
    The blue one.

ReputationRep:
    blue

ReputationRep:
    Blue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandabird)
    Ooooh I like the pink one! Gorgeous.
    I like the blue one but I find blue is such a common prom dress colour, and blue is everywhere at the minute.
    I agree, I've seen blue a lot at the moment when it comes to prom dresses. What colour would you say would look best with my skin tone since I'm not very tan lol?

ReputationRep:
    the shape of the 1st one looked amazing but the colours kind of make you look like an ice cream... Then again, who doesn't like ice cream?
    The blue one's much nicer overall, I think, but you really don't have to spend that much to find a nice dress

ReputationRep:
    I think either the first or third one would suit you fine. The second one is a bit frumpy in my opinion. I think level of boob showing is fine on either 1/3 and the way that they highlight your waist is good.

I would suggest taking a look in TK Maxx. I know it sounds ridiculous but they have a lot of ball type dresses in now for fractions of the price you're looking at. Definitely worth having a look in there. And, because they only have one or two of each type of dress you're much less likely to buy something that someone else will wear. Win win!

ReputationRep:
    First or Last one

ReputationRep:
    first for me

ReputationRep:
    I really like the last one,as it shows cleavage but tastefully,is a lovely rich colour(that shade of blue usually works pretty well with a tan) and the lace back detail is so pretty.

I also second the idea of TK Maxx,may require a root around,but they offer a great range of ballgown/prom dresses and ones that can be suited to those occasions and other occasions for fairly decent prices. They also stock designer pieces at cut down prices which if that is something that would appeal,I would check them out

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.