Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the first episode of Bluestone 42 - thought it was brilliant! Really unusual, quirky, rapid gags, great mix of black humour and tragicomedy. Anyone else watching it?

BBC3
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._42_Episode_1/

ReputationRep:
    Seeking fellow Bluestone watchers, therefore a little bump.

Nice review of the show in the Guardian.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...ew?INTCMP=SRCH

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching it too. Bloody hilarious, the characters are all very individual and interesting and the humour is just brilliant. I was almost glad when that American ******** got shot, he was irritating me already! :L

ReputationRep:
    Bugged me no end when they were saluting without berets on. It was a decent start, I did smile a few times if not actually laugh, hopefully it gets better because it has potential.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    Bugged me no end when they were saluting without berets on. It was a decent start, I did smile a few times if not actually laugh, hopefully it gets better because it has potential.
    It's not accurate in depictions of military conduct, etc? Wildly inaccurate or just somewhat inaccurate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bad_moose)
    I'm watching it too. Bloody hilarious, the characters are all very individual and interesting and the humour is just brilliant. I was almost glad when that American ******** got shot, he was irritating me already! :L
    It really gave me a laugh when they were burying the robot at the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    It's not accurate in depictions of military conduct, etc? Wildly inaccurate or just somewhat inaccurate?
    Aside from the saluting without a beret, I don't think the NCOs would have been on first name terms with the Captain, at least not while in uniform. Also not sure why they kept calling him 'boss' rather than 'sir', never ever heard that before. I also originally thought the Lance Corporal guy was a Sergeant, the way he was ordering people around. Still, it's a comedy so a bit of leeway can be granted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    Aside from the saluting without a beret, I don't think the NCOs would have been on first name terms with the Captain, at least not while in uniform. Also not sure why they kept calling him 'boss' rather than 'sir', never ever heard that before. I also originally thought the Lance Corporal guy was a Sergeant, the way he was ordering people around. Still, it's a comedy so a bit of leeway can be granted.
    OK. I kind of assumed those things were accurate reflections of the relaxed nature of things in those sort of units, so it worked for me. It was a big part of the comic effect seeing the delicate interplay of rank and studied indifference to protocol amongst the officers.

ReputationRep:
    It was funnier than I thought it would be, will definitely see how it progresses. Although a lot of the comedy seemed just based on sex (eg the padre), but I guess that's what comedy's like these days.

Also I'm rather surprised not to see anyone complaining about it being insensitive, offensive or an insult to people in the military. Perhaps if I check the Daily Mail...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montstar)
    It was funnier than I thought it would be, will definitely see how it progresses. Although a lot of the comedy seemed just based on sex (eg the padre), but I guess that's what comedy's like these days.

Also I'm rather surprised not to see anyone complaining about it being insensitive, offensive or an insult to people in the military. Perhaps if I check the Daily Mail...
    It was trailed quite heavily on Radio 4 (I know - middle class!) which is how I was even aware it existed, apart from that I'd heard nothing about it. Time will tell if it wakes up any controversy. I'd be surprised if it didn't.

ReputationRep:
    It would be so cool to know if other people are watching this. The latest episode, where they rescue a Danish aid worker, was ****ing hilarious!

The actress playing the aid worker was the TV reporter from Danish hit series Borgen.

ReputationRep:
    I watched the first two episodes I believe, haven't managed to catch it since, the first two were quite funny though so I'm expecting when I finally get around to watching the others for them also to be funny

ReputationRep:
    OMG! I love the Army way of life, when i first saw the 1st episode, i thought i had died and gone to heaven. #BRITAIN RULES

ReputationRep:
    Cheeky bump? Series 2 to air in 2014 with a Christmas Special on Monday the 23rd. Matthew Lewis is joining the cast as Ammunition Technician as Gordan 'Tower Block' House.

Through the various pictures & tweets uploaded by the cast & producers, it seems as though Gary Carr, aka Corporal Mills/ Millsy, isn't returning.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.