Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious about the nightlife and what students do throughout the weekend/week at Manchester??
    Also what the people were like, I know big cities I hear people tend to be ruder I don't know if I believe that.
    (I already know I'm going to get yelled at for this... but) what are the guys like? I know its a generalization but are there gentlemen? or guys looking for relationships or just trying to hook up with you. (Sue me, I'm a girl.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lysieb)
    I'm curious about the nightlife and what students do throughout the weekend/week at Manchester??
    Also what the people were like, I know big cities I hear people tend to be ruder I don't know if I believe that.
    (I already know I'm going to get yelled at for this... but) what are the guys like? I know its a generalization but are there gentlemen? or guys looking for relationships or just trying to hook up with you. (Sue me, I'm a girl.)
    Manchester has a lot of nightlife - you won't get bored. If you manage to get around every club in Manchester during your three years here, then it would be something of an achievement. In terms of non-nightlife things that people do, then lots of people entertain themselves with involvement in societies (sports or otherwise), part time jobs, spending time with friends, quiet pub trips, going shopping, volunteering and (of course) doing work. I'm very rarely bored, and quite frankly I've been so busy lately that I'm not entirely sure where February went.

As for living in a big city, it's hard for me to compare, because I've always lived in a fairly large city. However, you're not going to get regular instances of rudeness that fall completely outside the boundaries of common decency! Obviously you don't have the everyone-knows-everyone thing, but certainly within the student population you will very often find that anyone you meet is a friend of a friend (yes, despite there being 40,000 UoM students!)

And you can't generalise about 20,000 men at all

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.