Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    While I'm aware that CS admissions require Maths and prefer a physical science, would they prefer a different (and still relatively respected) A-level, such as Modern History at a higher grade?

Thanks and regards,
    Cameron.

ReputationRep:
    I guess physics as It has more relevance, however depends on the requirements of the course. Best check requirements for what you are applying for first.

ReputationRep:
    Modern History at A would be more preferred than Physics at B.

ReputationRep:
    The vast majority of grade-requirement applications for CS or related degrees will ask for subjects in a technical or science subject - Physics. The only reason I would even consider using History is if you were applying to a university using a points based system, where you'd obviously get more points for an A, but even then universities often ask for technical subjects

ReputationRep:
    Physics definitely although both are good achievements.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.