Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    By Monday I have to have chosen all my GCSE options. And I've sorted most of it. But at my school we get a choice between Geography, History and ICT and i'm torn between ICT and History. And i don't know much about what the course is actually like to take. Like is it really stressful or is it to much work. Please respond!!!

P.S the exam board is OCR

ReputationRep:
    You should consider the teachers you'll get, if you can.

ReputationRep:
    Ok I've done them both AQA ICT is incredibly easy I got 100% in the
    exam and A* in both coursework. It takes up loads of time but is not difficult at all.
    History in the other hand is interesting however tere is a lot to Remeber and you also have to be good at English and writing essays. I would say if your an A grade English student or even a B youll be fine. But I must say overall ICT is a safe option if that's why your looking for but it also depends on what A levels you want to study.
    Hope I was of help to you and Feel free to message me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Working2hard)
    Ok I've done them both AQA ICT is incredibly easy I got 100% in the
    exam and A* in both coursework. It takes up loads of time but is not difficult at all.
    History in the other hand is interesting however tere is a lot to Remeber and you also have to be good at English and writing essays. I would say if your an A grade English student or even a B youll be fine. But I must say overall ICT is a safe option if that's why your looking for but it also depends on what A levels you want to study.
    Hope I was of help to you and Feel free to message me
    Ps I just noticed your doing OCR and I did AQA I mean try look at the spec and see of you think it's manageable.

ReputationRep:
    OCR ICT is horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Working2hard)
    Ps I just noticed your doing OCR and I did AQA I mean try look at the spec and see of you think it's manageable.
    No I'd do OCR history but EDEXCEL ICT

ReputationRep:
    History is fantastic, it's interesting, it really helps with your writing skills, and is generally viewed at the 'weightier' subject

ReputationRep:
    id choose history, the ICT course is one of the most boring things youll ever have to do and it takes bloody ages!

ReputationRep:
    I done both, ICT is far easier to get top grade, and with the growing advancements in technology may be good in the future? However History shows your essay based skills which at ALevel and uni is regarded at quite high,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileyface22)
    No I'd do OCR history but EDEXCEL ICT
    Edexcel IT?

As in, the DiDA? Now that's a pile of crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barlow)
    I done both, ICT is far easier to get top grade, and with the growing advancements in technology may be good in the future? However History shows your essay based skills which at ALevel and uni is regarded at quite high,
    I agree this is exactly what I was trying to convey.

ReputationRep:
    History is really interesting whereas ICT is painfully boring so if I were you I would do History! I think it's a lot more useful and it is also much more highly regarded. But good luck with whatever you choose.

ReputationRep:
    I did OCR history last last year for GCSE and we studied nazi germany and medicine, and it was honestly so Interesting. Like I'm not a big history fan but I dropped ICT to do history because ICT was so boring. The actual exam is so easy as well as basically any idea you put forward gets you marks because opinion is never wrong apparently

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey!!
    So i did gcse history but was in a very similar position to yours in year 9. I can honestly say i've loved it beware, there is a lot of content but if you stay organized and make detailed revision notes high grades are likely!!

in addition, gcse history is amazing at opening doors in the future - may sound stupid but always look ahead.... an a level in history is very very well respected!!

a great option if you are looking to broaden opportunities and not condense you career choices too soon

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing History and ICT and, so far, ICT has been incredibly easy but boring and I fear my motivation for the subject is dwindling. On the the other hand, history is brilliant. It is very interesting and not too challenging if you revise/ work hard. I'd highly recommend history but, as others have said, it does depend on your teachers.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.