Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So Staffordshire Uni is my firm choice of uni, but I'v heard that some parts of England don't welcome Irish folk like myself. Does this apply in Staffordshire?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hershalk12)
    So Staffordshire Uni is my firm choice of uni, but I'v heard that some parts of England don't welcome Irish folk like myself. Does this apply in Staffordshire?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, i am sure that the staff do not care that you are Irish and will help you out as much as anybody as and when you need it. As for the other students we get a mixed variety of student nationalities here as it is anyway and Irish people like yourself will be closer to home than some others. Everyone will get along with everyone or at least be civilised to each other (personal experience). All in all you should absolutely fine with being Irish. If you have any other queries about staffs uni, the area or uni life itself just message me back.

ReputationRep:
    hey buddy, il be coming over from ireland too, looking froward to it, when i went to the open day of the stafford campus the place was very welcoming to us and the local bars people questioned me more about ireland than actually show any form of hostility so it impressed me well, what campus are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hershalk12)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why not come to Liverpool? Surely it would be a choice being irish and that considering half our population is irish you'd fit right in.

ReputationRep:
    Hey man, I'll be heading over to Staffs Uni from Ireland too. I'll be on the Stafford campus. What about you two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanSherid)
    Hey man, I'll be heading over to Staffs Uni from Ireland too. I'll be on the Stafford campus. What about you two?
    il be on the stafford campus aswell =D im hopefully doing music tech, yourself?

by the way, we gettin full?

ReputationRep:
    Mate this isn't th 1950s, people wont give a ****. You'll be fine and will be treated the same way everyone else is............ with pity and contempt.

Lol nah you'll be fine, I really don't understand why you would think there would even be an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Haha one of my best mates came over from Ireland just for the year to do a kinda swap thing at staffs.... she loved it so much she trying to get another year there and at the very least coming back in October.

Just don't be the Irish person to be given the nickname "irish"... you would be surprised how much it happened, my friend didn't mind but she was pretty chilled.

Either way if your a bloke the girls "love" Irish guys.... dunno why... -_- they're suppose to be the second smallest in Europe....

ReputationRep:
    Mate. if there was any anti-Irish sentiment still in England, pretty sure Nathan from Misfits extinguished it all.

England is easily one of the most tolerant countries. especially with other western European countries. Anyone who has any beef against you isn't worth knowing and is in the extreme few and far between.

ReputationRep:
    Staffordshire has a full mix of students from all areas around the globe. From my friends who are he from island I have never heard of anything bad against them for being Irish.

At the union there is also an Irish society which you mint be interested in joining http://www.staffsunion.com/organisation/11878/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.