The Student Room Group

What was your lowest modular grade at A Level?

Scroll to see replies

I got 65 in core 1 on my first shot.

Resat and got 96.
Original post by Robbie242
Yes it is, and I thought so too, but 70% of our history cohort achieved C/D this time and 1 person got an A, 2 people got a B rest below; they must've being extremely harsh... I commented on the reliability of sources, utility, talked about extent how far something etc I just don't understand how I got lower, I worked my ass off running up to it

How did you find the big question at the end? I got 94% in the exam last Summer and everyone else in my class did pretty bad, but what I did was parrot fashion the last question.

Original post by member591354
Well, Robbie isn't the brightest of students. He would have you believe otherwise but the exam results paint a different picture. :teehee:

Reply 42
Original post by Miracle Day
How did you find the big question at the end? I got 94% in the exam last Summer and everyone else in my class did pretty bad, but what I did was parrot fashion the last question.

I was doing Women's Suffrage and the question was on Liberal party hindering the cause, It was such a nice question; I truly don't understand what went wrong, instead of 7exams in the summer now I have 9exams, at least my core 1 ums has kept me sane
Original post by Robbie242
I was doing Women's Suffrage and the question was on Liberal party hindering the cause, It was such a nice question; I truly don't understand what went wrong, instead of 7exams in the summer now I have 9exams, at least my core 1 ums has kept me sane

Make sure you get the Paper back!
Reply 44
Make sure you get the Paper back!
Yeah my teachers bringing some of the papers back of an A grade student and a C grade student, to show us at half-term what went wrong. I don't know if it was the teaching or something, a person from my school went to Oxford for history but she did the exact same topics; I don't know if they are just becoming stricter...
Reply 45
Mine was an A. :frown:

Fail. If you had A's in your earlier modules you wouldn't need them later on. So you worked to hard.

In A-level Chem I got A's on my first 5 modules, so I only needed a D in the last exam. Which is exactly what I got. (So A overall.)
Reply 46
Original post by Ch1pp0
Fail. If you had A's in your earlier modules you wouldn't need them later on. So you worked to hard.

In A-level Chem I got A's on my first 5 modules, so I only needed a D in the last exam. Which is exactly what I got. (So A overall.)

I am aiming for an A*s. I need an E in two of my June exams for As in those subjects. Why would I aim for As when I can achieve A*s? :smile:
Reply 47
OP you're a very sad human being. Grow up please.
Is HY2 the source paper? Man it's so easy!

That was a bit harsh :s-smilie: especially because you're having a go at the troll
Reply 49
Alright... :getmecoat:
I got it today. 60 in D1. Scraped a C.
Original post by tooambitious
That was a bit harsh :s-smilie: especially because you're having a go at the troll

It wasn't really meant in that way.
Original post by jess_m94
The U i received today in F324 chemistry...woops :tongue:

oh nO!!! :hugs: Still on track for B in CHem?
It wasn't really meant in that way.

Oh fair enough :smile:
Original post by AspiringGenius

Random, but well done on your UCL offer :smile:
How can you deny the facts?

how can you be such a jerk?
Original post by tooambitious
Oh fair enough :smile:

Random, but well done on your UCL offer :smile:

It's a great medical school :biggrin:
Reply 57

Thanks, haha, I'm not actually upset about it strangely enough...our whole class did terribly. We had 2 Ds, 1 E and 3 Us. Last year the two Ds and one U (me) got As, and one of the Ds has an offer from Warwick for chemistry and was predicted an A*....so yeah, it was a bit of an anomaly :tongue: Our teacher is getting all of our papers back to see wtf happened :tongue:
Reply 58
A D in English Language :frown:
E in biology and chemistry :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest