Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Am I in trouble here, or is it realistic to achieve AAB-ABB Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

as well as you all know results have just come out, and my results are VERY mixed but overall good. I got AAE, one of the As was 100/100 . I've done 3/4 exams in each subject and so have one more left.

But anyways here are my grades for my subjects over my entire A-levels so far:

Economics - B, A, E
    Politics - B, A, A
    law - B, B, A

My question is how do I work out what they are all averaging at the moment? Its really annoying me because I don't know how much effort to put into what subject, to obtain certain grades, any help would be appreciated. Also is it still possible to get AAB-ABB.

ReputationRep:
    very possible, just ace your last exams and retake the E

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markg125)
    Hi,

as well as you all know results have just come out, and my results are VERY mixed but overall good. I got AAE, one of the As was 100/100 . I've done 3/4 exams in each subject and so have one more left.

But anyways here are my grades for my subjects over my entire A-levels so far:

Economics - B, A, E
    Politics - B, A, A
    law - B, B, A

My question is how do I work out what they are all averaging at the moment? Its really annoying me because I don't know how much effort to put into what subject, to obtain certain grades, any help would be appreciated. Also is it still possible to get AAB-ABB.
    You'll need to tell us the exact UMS for all your units so far if you want us to work out what you're averaging.

From the looks of it, AAB-ABB is very possible, just maybe retake the E as the previous poster said.

ReputationRep:
    your grades look very good overall, i wouldnt be worried im sure you will achieve better when resitting the E grade exam. you could still get the AAB-ABB grades as long as you continue well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinawe)
    You'll need to tell us the exact UMS for all your units so far if you want us to work out what you're averaging.

From the looks of it, AAB-ABB is very possible, just maybe retake the E as the previous poster said.

economics - 72, 82, 45
    politics - 78, 83, 100
    law - 72, 73, 80

Is that what you mean, they're all out of 100

Thank you so much for the support guys, getting really worried about the E and my future grades, but you all have encouraged me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markg125)
    economics - 72, 82, 45
    politics - 78, 83, 100
    law - 72, 73, 80

Is that what you mean, they're all out of 100

Thank you so much for the support guys, getting really worried about the E and my future grades, but you all have encouraged me
    For Economics, you need 81 in your last exam for a B overall. You'll need to retake the E if you want an A or if you want to have a better shot at a B (I'd say retake it since you've only got 3 exams besides that).

For Politics, you need just 59 in your last exam for an A! You could quite easily get an A* in this, so great job on that.

For Law, you need 55 in your last exam for a B, and 95 for an A. If you want to try and get an A in this, I'd suggest retaking one of your AS papers. But if you're happy with a B, leave it.

If you retook a couple of papers, you could even get A*AA! Of course, that's not necessary if all you need is AAB-ABB, which should be achievable for you with your current results, as long as you put the effort in. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    politics you could get to an A
    the other two Bs but youll need to resit the E

ReputationRep:
    For the economics, you need to at least get an B, to get an overall grade of an A or a B in it. Any lower will bring your grade down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.