Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Why am I always ill? Watch

I literally always have something wrong with me. This isn't one of those 'omg she wants attention / she's a hypochondriac' threads, it's me asking for help.

I have had a bad cold now for like 3 weeks off and on, alongside this I've had stomach flu and migraines. Normally, even when I don't have these I have an ongoing heart condition that plays up unexpectedly.

It's really starting to affect my studies now, and its the second placement shift on a ward I've had to miss coz I've got a cold and they don't want me (rightly so!) around MRSA patients.

I just wish I didn't catch EVERY bug going around, its like my immune system isn't working or something. I am taking corticosteroids for my heart, and I know that lowers immune system response, but I didn't think it'd be THAT bad.

I don't know what im asking for really, just some advice, maybe some ways to boost the immune system or just get it to man up on its own

ReputationRep:
    Your immune systems crap

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How is your diet?

Take a good multivitamin ecchinea (sp) I've heard is good for immune system if you take it regularly.

ReputationRep:
    I'm like that. You just have a rubbish immune system.

You should start drinking orange juice more, I have about 1/3 of a litre a day (you're not supposed to have too much of course), and I have an iron supplement which comes in liquid form and comes with other vitamins in it (you should try it - it's call vitabiotics feroglobin), and since having both the juice and the liquid iron, I'm rarely ill! I used to have a cold about once every other month (which would last about 1-2 weeks), and the illness I have now is the first I've had in months and months (can't even remember since when!).

Also, if you start to get a cold, before it properly comes on drink loads and loads of orange juice. When I can feel my throat getting a bit sore/sneezing, etc, I drink 1-1.5 litres of orange juice and I'm usually better by the next day!

ReputationRep:
    Either that or you're slowly being carbon monoxide poisoned haha.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.