Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Studying HE Course At The Manchester College , Need Help Finding Halls Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I visited Manchester yesterday to have an interview for a HE course at The Manchester College. I spoke with some current students who recommended that I look for halls in Fallowfield?

I cant find any information on halls other than those for Manchester Uni can anyone give me some more information on Halls?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately uni-owned halls aren't an option for you, and there isn't much by way of private halls in Fallowfield, with the exception of Ladybarn House.

I would suggest trying to find out where Manchester College students typically live, as otherwise private halls have a tendency to attract lots of internationals and non-freshers, aren't renowned for their sociability.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply,

I spoke with students currently studying the same course at the college, the mentioned Ladybarn House. Im moving from just outside London so dont fancy being housed with loads of internationals or non-freshers as im going to want to meet new people?

Does anyone have any other suggested places other than Fallowfield? someone mentioned Ropemaker Court or some of the Opal accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Which The Manchester College campus are you at? There's loads of halls in the centre of Manchester that are open to any student of any uni/college in Manchester. Liberty Point (used to be called Mill Point) is expensive but perfect location if you want to be in the centre and close to everything like clubs, shops, train/bus stations etc

ReputationRep:
    Ill be studying at the fieldin campus on Barlow rd, didsbury

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbayforddj)
    Ill be studying at the fieldin campus on Barlow rd, didsbury
    In that case you might like to consider Hardy Farm Halls http://www.hardy-farm.com/index.html which is about a mile away

It's not nearly as rural as the website gives the impression of (you won't find a sheep there; I do know the area quite well). I also suspect (without any concrete information) that you might not get so many internationals and postgrads there, because they tend to want to be close to the university campuses and the city centre.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.