The Student Room Group

Low English A Level Grades

Scroll to see replies

In June, every one who did Eng lit at my college came out with Us, Es, Ds, and Cs, apart from one or two better marks. My teachers were really shocked, because normally everyone achieves Bs and As. I think marking for English is just a bit dodgy, as we bought all the papers back and many seemed very similar to the A grade examples AQA provided us with.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
I can't re-sit a third time, as they've changed the set poems for my course now. :-(.
Hopefully OCR English Lit is slightly better in the summer, glad I'm not on AQA :eek:
Original post by Daniellejo.
We got really good grades in our school :dontknow:. Pretty much As and Bs across the board from what I can tell, and we're an average sixth form.
I even got full UMS! :biggrin: Woop woop. I was expecting it to go well though (admittedly not that well).

EDIT: This is A2 AQA btw.

Wooh! Full UMS for me too, and my friend did also. :biggrin:
I took Edexcel English Lit Unit 3 exam - worked so hard and was aiming for an A. Got a C and was 3 marks off a B.
It's so annoying - everyone in my class has lower than they expected. I really thought I did well.
There is one girl in my class who has got an E and she does the same amount of work as the rest of us if not she does more than us!
I don't understand and I feel angry at the examiners.
Edit: I have decided to enter for both a remark and a resit. If the remark gets me the better grade then I will pull out of the resit.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Wormbook
It's hit my school too, the AQA LITB3 papers were awful. Out of those taking it (about 35 of us) there were no As and only three Bs, the majority being Ds and Es. Bear in mind that most people are predicted A*/A!

I got a low C myself when I'm predicted a solid A, and English Literature is the course I've applied for at uni.

What has s really confused me though is that I retook the AS LITB1 paper in January and came out of that with 120/120, and I worked less for that than I did for LITB3! What has happened?!

I'm literally in the same situation as you! I didn't work nearly as hard for LITB1 as I did for LITB3 and got full UMS and now I've gotten a D instead of the A I was predicted and expected.

I thought the exam went well which just makes it worse. I seriously hope it's not just a few unlucky students that this has happened to as I'm the only one in my school taking it, but I imagine we can only wait for our papers to be returned/remarked

Quick Reply

Latest