Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CWhyte)
    Are all of you buying the week or two week freshers tickets? Or are you just going to wait and go wherever on any. Night?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I bought the two week tickets

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I've just joined Cardiff Met, so I haven't had the chance to go to any of the freshers events and meet people to go with. :dong: :sigh:
    Tonight, I finally have a chance to go to one of the events that I'd like to go if anyone is going or want to come with, let me know, that would be great.

Thanks.

Cai

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cai_)
    Hiya,

I've just joined Cardiff Met, so I haven't had the chance to go to any of the freshers events and meet people to go with. :dong: :sigh:
    Tonight, I finally have a chance to go to one of the events that I'd like to go if anyone is going or want to come with, let me know, that would be great.

Thanks.

Cai
    I wish I'd seen this! All Freshers I was looking for someone to hang out with! What course do you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachiriot)
    I wish I'd seen this! All Freshers I was looking for someone to hang out with! What course do you do?
    Oh cool. I'm doing Psychology at Llandaff. What about you?
    Where did you go for freshers in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cai_)
    Oh cool. I'm doing Psychology at Llandaff. What about you?
    Where did you go for freshers in the end?
    I do Events Management at Llandaff! I ended up at Bunker a lot, the foam party there was brilliant! Also went to Oceana for The Freshers Ball and Live Lounge. I sacrificed a few nights out so I could afford to see Paramore at Motorpoint! I'm still yet to go to any of the major clubs like Revs and Glam! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachiriot)
    I do Events Management at Llandaff! I ended up at Bunker a lot, the foam party there was brilliant! Also went to Oceana for The Freshers Ball and Live Lounge. I sacrificed a few nights out so I could afford to see Paramore at Motorpoint! I'm still yet to go to any of the major clubs like Revs and Glam! What about you?

awesome. i've always wanted to go to a foam party.
    how was the Paramore concert?
    i just went to the smurf party at walkabout, so funny. can't wait to go revs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    Both halls Plas Gwyn and Liberty Court are around 25/30 mins walk from the Llandaff Campus.

There is parking available in halls.
    LC is per 5 weeks. So is around an extra £3000 per year plus rent.

I dont know about PG
    However there is very limited parking at the university. There isnt even enough spaces for the lectures to park.
    The closet to that is tesco for a maximum of 3 hours.
    Or some roads of the housing estate behind the uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Plas Gwyn is a 5 minute walk from Llandaff Campus, I live there now, you can leave for a 10am lecture at 9:45 and have time to grab a coffee. Brilliant halls as well, i've loved living at Plas so far.

ReputationRep:
    A bit of advice to freshers, when it comes to fresher wristbands it is cheaper to buy tickets for individual nights. I paid £25 for a 1 week band and used it once. I spent £30 on tickets over the two weeks and one of them was a £12 ticket for freshers ball which wasn't included in my wristband. So don't worry about buying a freshers wristband as you will just be ripping yourself off.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.