The Student Room Group

Will I need to retake to get A* A* ?

Hey guys,
Here are my current AS/A2 Maths marks, I'm not quite sure how the grading system works, could you help me out?

I can't remember which month each module was taken :/

AS 2012
C1: 97
C2: 100
M1: 91
S1: 90
D1: 87
FP1: 95

A2 2013
C3: 100
C4: 90
M2: 99

In order to get two A*s, do you think I should retake any of the modules?
I've still got FP2, FP3 and M3 to take in June.

Sorry if I've missed out some information.

Thanks
Reply 1
Those are really great grades!!
There is no need to retake any exams as you already have an A* already. Just focus on your next exams!
Reply 2
Original post by hannahsm
Those are really great grades!!
There is no need to retake any exams as you already have an A* already. Just focus on your next exams!

Thanks!

Is the A* only for Maths? Or do I have an A* in F.Maths too? If not, do you know how much more UMS I need to get an A* in F.Maths?
Reply 3
Original post by MarTango
Thanks!

Is the A* only for Maths? Or do I have an A* in F.Maths too? If not, do you know how much more UMS I need to get an A* in F.Maths?

You need minimum 86 in two of the three and a bit less than 70 in the other to get an A* but wouldn't it be nice to get 90s?
Reply 4
C3 and C4 have to go in Maths, so you can't do any better than you have now gradeswise, then there isn't much point in retaking M2, so with your great AS scores, so like natninja said, you just need to do well in 2 of FP2, FP3 and M3 in June.

You're definitely well on track for A*A*! :biggrin:
I'm doing EDEXCEL and to get an A* in Maths you need 180 in C3 + C4 and an average of 80 in all modules overall. For FM I'm not sure but it's like an average of 90. I'm sure you'll be fine with those. I just got my first 2 marks in Maths: 100 for C1 and 77 for S1 and I probably won't even resit S1.
Reply 6
Original post by JerzyDudek
I'm doing EDEXCEL and to get an A* in Maths you need 180 in C3 + C4 and an average of 80 in all modules overall. For FM I'm not sure but it's like an average of 90. I'm sure you'll be fine with those. I just got my first 2 marks in Maths: 100 for C1 and 77 for S1 and I probably won't even resit S1.

For an A* at FM you need 480 overall and at least 270 from your best 3 A2 units (i.e. anything with a 2 or higher at the end of it - FP2, M3, D2 etc)
Original post by Data
For an A* at FM you need 480 overall and at least 270 from your best 3 A2 units (i.e. anything with a 2 or higher at the end of it - FP2, M3, D2 etc)

Thanks. Looks pretty tough.

Quick Reply

Latest