Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leahc)
    Ah please can you help me?! I can see you both talking about swansea and UWE and I'm REALLY confused on which one to choose. What makes you prefer swansea to bristol? I thought more would be going on in bristol as in socially and night life?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I preferred swansea as it was closer to home (but not too close) depends how close you want to be to home I think, Secondly because my dad lives there so I could live with him 2nd and 3rd year to save living costs and thirdly just because I generally really like the city. It depends what you want, swansea is quite a bit smaller than Bristol so there'll be less going on but for me Bristol was a bit too big, I don't see myself living there as I'm from a rural area and would find it a big shock to the system. Swansea's a coastal city so its good for beaches and the surrounding area is beautiful wheras Bristol is a much more urban city. I think UWE campus is a bit more modern but again I preferred swansea being more traditional although some of the facilities in Swansea are really modern (the cafes and shop). I think cost is a major factor too as living in Swansea is cheaper in comparison to Bristol (accommodation, going out etc). I've been out in Swansea a couple of times and I'd say the nightlife was pretty good. But again if you wanted to go somewhere bigger i.e Cardiff or Bristol for a night out or shopping or something rail links are really good and it's not a far journey. Swansea is smaller but it does have a fair bit going on, I think the fact that its smaller means there'd be more of a community feel there than Bristol but I could be wrong. Hope I helped what will you be studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you! Yeah that helped! I come from torquay in Devon which has beaches and everything already and I feel like I want to move to a bigger city, still undecided going to view Bristol next week. Criminology

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.