Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    For paper one (scly1) I got 68 out of 80 (UMS) A;
    Paper 2 (SCLY2) methods: I got 120 out of 120 (UMS) Bizarre, but an A, so pleased. You?

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember my marks but I got solid A's in both unit 2 and 3, unit 2 as a resit that I did no revision for and I go from a D to am A. Starnge but... Oh well

ReputationRep:
    YAY YOU, better than me :'(

SCLY1 66/80
    SCLY2 118/120
    SCLY3 69/80

ReputationRep:
    I got a B in philosophy unit 2 (AS resit) giving me an A overall for Philosophy AS Level, and an A in my Sociology Unit 3

Was a pretty high A too, very happy with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und3niable_)
    YAY YOU, better than me :'(

SCLY1 66/80
    SCLY2 118/120
    SCLY3 69/80
    Yours are good!

Does anyone know how we work out the actual mark, or percentage? edit to add - i finally figured it out. 68/80 (UMS) is 41/60 (raw marks) which is 68%. paper 2, i got somewhere over 78%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _splinter_)
    Yours are good!

Does anyone know how we work out the actual mark, or percentage? edit to add - i finally figured it out. 68/80 (UMS) is 41/60 (raw marks) which is 68%. paper 2, i obvs got 100%.
    How did u do it? and nice. Wish I got 100% congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you go here http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php - providing you are with aqa - there is a UMS raw score converter. It is actually to convert raw scores to UMS, so to do it the other way round I just tried a few options, i.e., guessed that my raw score may have been around 41, put that in and it said the UMS is 68.

edit to add - i was wrong about the 100% in fact every raw mark over 70 converts to 120 UMS! So I could have got 70 / 90 for paper 2 (78%). just don't know. do we ever find out what the raw mark is i wonder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _splinter_)
    If you go here http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php - providing you are with aqa - there is a UMS raw score converter. It is actually to convert raw scores to UMS, so to do it the other way round I just tried a few options, i.e., guessed that my raw score may have been around 41, put that in and it said the UMS is 68.

edit to add - i was wrong about the 100% in fact every raw mark over 70 converts to 120 UMS! So I could have got 70 / 90 for paper 2 (78%). just don't know. do we ever find out what the raw mark is i wonder?
    Probably not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.