Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

Most of Year 13s got our January results today. Some were happy some not. However, apparently there was a "mix up" at our 6th form. The results we got on our sheets did not match the results that our teachers were sent yesterday. Just wondering if anyone else had the same situation or are we the only ones? :/

P.s. Congratulations to everyone that did well and good luck to the ones that didn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loca)
    Hello everyone!

Most of Year 13s got our January results today. Some were happy some not. However, apparently there was a "mix up" at our 6th form. The results we got on our sheets did not match the results that our teachers were sent yesterday. Just wondering if anyone else had the same situation or are we the only ones? :/

P.s. Congratulations to everyone that did well and good luck to the ones that didn't
    My cousin's school have had the same problem and I don't think they have had their results yet because of this.

ReputationRep:
    We were given our results without being told about the mix up. We found out through our Bio teacher when we were discussing resits :|

ReputationRep:
    I'm so paranoid now! What sixth form was this?

ReputationRep:
    Does this only apply to a very small select few of people who sat exams, cause people in my class who thought they did really well came out with E's and were gobsmacked by it!

ReputationRep:
    This happened to me at my school. I did a bio resit and was given my result from last year which was a low D but it has been corrected now so I have a high B (2ums) off an A which made me super happy. I was so glad it was a mix up. It was only my result that was wrong though in my class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashleyd)
    Does this only apply to a very small select few of people who sat exams, cause people in my class who thought they did really well came out with E's and were gobsmacked by it!
    This happened to me! I got an E in History for Unit 1 but for Unit 2 I got an A, even though I'm pretty sure I did better on the first paper.. Definitely weird since the same thing happened to other people.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope this is my case, I came up from a D to a B in French (which im happy with). However, i got an E in biology last year and today i got a D. I was so sure that the least i was going to get is a C. How do i find out if this is a mistake?

ReputationRep:
    Were these from your results today? Cause i'm quite nervous now as i was predicted a B and always maintained B's during practice papers but i got 1 more of a C today as a result but i felt the exam went well!

ReputationRep:
    If I got good results, can they be replaced? So paranoid... just as I was celebrating too! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashleyd)
    Were these from your results today? Cause i'm quite nervous now as i was predicted a B and always maintained B's during practice papers but i got 1 more of a C today as a result but i felt the exam went well!
    If you were asking me then yeah it was today.. That's awful! Were your exams with Edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was to you mate sorry for not making that clear haha
    and noo, they were with OCR, the flaming business paper was so disheartened by it

ReputationRep:
    i got a E in sociology OCR A2 - education paper on ethnicity outside the school and goverment policy yet i did the exact same questions in a mock and got A** ...word for word i did the same in the exam....how can this have happened? anyone else feeling this for sociology a2 ocr?

ReputationRep:
    No need to panic guys. I am sure its just a few schools (who by now would know who they are).
    The subject teacher is suppose to do an appeal if something seems off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate_louise21)
    i got a E in sociology OCR A2 - education paper on ethnicity outside the school and goverment policy yet i did the exact same questions in a mock and got A** ...word for word i did the same in the exam....how can this have happened? anyone else feeling this for sociology a2 ocr?
    I know exactly how you feel! Same thing happened with me but in AS Psychology, I done word for word and should have achieved an A or at least a B but got a C!! I'm considering on getting my paper remarked!

ReputationRep:
    This morning I received a B in my envelope for business studies (2 marks off an A) and was a bit upset because I need AAA for my uni.

But then an hour later we got an email from AQA saying they had sent the wrong mark for my second module, so got 9 marks extra and my A!

Yay!

ReputationRep:
    Is this just on A2 or AS as well? How do you find out if grades(marks) incorrect? Were yours on sheet less than what the teachers saw yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by larobinson)
    This morning I received a B in my envelope for business studies (2 marks off an A) and was a bit upset because I need AAA for my uni.

But then an hour later we got an email from AQA saying they had sent the wrong mark for my second module, so got 9 marks extra and my A!

Yay!
    Hey, do you know if all the business units were incorrect or just BUSS2? Coz I did unit 1 and 4 and got a B and C which was much worse than I expected as I was predicted both As and I thought the papers went well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loca)
    Hello everyone!

were yours Edexcel by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there's something weird about the results this January, they feel somehow rigged.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.