Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

Currently researching something as a project. I've recently been assigned a topic on finding the direct manufacturer of a specific product.

However I've had no luck whatsoever. What are the best steps to obtaining information like this? For example, how would I find the direct manufacturer of ski jackets snow&rock distribute?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Can you give an example? Snow&Rock looks like a distributor, so the clothes they sell should have a manufacturer's label.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjm600)
    Can you give an example? Snow&Rock looks like a distributor, so the clothes they sell should have a manufacturer's label.
    An example of a particular piece of clothing? Ok, for example http://www.snowandrock.com/arc%27ter...-product/14682

Where would I find the manufacturer's label?

ReputationRep:
    The manufacturer in that case is Arc’teryx, it says before the name of the item.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjm600)
    The manufacturer in that case is Arc’teryx, it says before the name of the item.
    Ahh, I see what you mean. I'm sorry, I don't think I was detailed enough in my original post. What mean is, how can I find out exactly where the the particular make is made. I know obviously it would be a East Asia somewhere, but I'm sure they would have a third party factory making the items.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.