Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

How often do you walk your dog? (with poll) Watch

• View Poll Results: How often do you walk your dog?
    Thrice per day
    11.11%
    Twice per day
    27.78%
    Once a day
    40.28%
    Once every two days
    4.17%
    Twice per week
    4.17%
    Once a week
    0%
    Thrice per month
    0%
    Twice per month
    0%
    Once per month
    1.39%
    Less than once per month
    11.11%

ReputationRep:
    Once a day for between and 1 hour and 1 hour and 20 minutes.

If I didn't I'd feel guilty and would be getting hassled by my dogs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noxious-Nikki)
    I've tried just leaving the door open so he can go out alone if he wants, i've tried going out with him, with treats and his favourite, i can get him to (reluctantly) come out on his lead, but he just looks miserable and pulls to go back inside. He shows absolutely no interest in treats or toys while outside. People keep suggesting treats, but though in the house he loves them, he really couldn't be less interested outside.

I'm trying to make outside a fun and familiar place to be for him, but it's not
    working too well, so if anyone does have any suggestions, i'm all ears.
    (One suggestion the Dogs Trust made was getting a second dog, and he does perk up a bit when he see's other dogs on his walks, so that's something i'm considering.)

I should say, while home, he seems perfectly happy, healthy, and lovable, he loves to play, or just to cuddle.
    I think this is a brilliant idea.

I did the same thing, my original dog got to the point where she just didn't want to be out on a walk.

Anyway we decided to get a 12 week old puppy from a rescue centre and for the most part it has been successful. My original dog still gets a bit frightened on walks sometimes but for the most part the lunacy of the younger one snaps her out of it on a walk.

ReputationRep:
    My dog tends to run round the fields next to my house rather than go on actual walks as she doesn't like being on her lead, she would much rather run around the garden following our chickens

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.