Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Huhne ex-wife Vicky Pryce found GUILTY Watch

ReputationRep:
    A jury have just returned a verdict of guilty to the charge of perverting the course of justice.

She will now, along with her ex-husband Chris Huhne be sentenced.

ReputationRep:
    Good.

ReputationRep:
    Good I'm sick of seeing her face everywhere. What a munter.

ReputationRep:
    An open prison is being prepared as we speak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Good.
    She could just have said no. Simples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuzzycat)
    She could just have said no. Simples
    Coulda woulda shoulda, She did it and now she's paying for it.

ReputationRep:
    Marital coercion is such a **** defence. Its basically "he told me to do it"

ReputationRep:
    give them adjoining cells, stream it like Big Brother - I would love to hear their first conversation.

something along the lines of "you b***h" and "you w****r" in multiple forms I imagine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeman560)
    Good I'm sick of seeing her face everywhere. What a munter.
    she's 60 years old for christ sake

I think she looks very good for that age, I bet she was pretty hot in her younger days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    she's 60 years old for christ sake

I think she looks very good for that age, I bet she was pretty hot in her younger days
    She is one of the ugliest people I have ever seen in my entire life. Spend 5 minutes looking at a photograph of her then come back to me. I would rather put my **** in a gorilla than her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeman560)
    She is one of the ugliest people I have ever seen in my entire life. Spend 5 minutes looking at a photograph of her then come back to me. I would rather put my **** in a gorilla than her.

implying you wouldn't

also, find me a better looking 60 year old

ReputationRep:
    This is who he left her for:

Name:  Carina+Trimingham+Liberal+Democrats+Hold+Their+bgbfOLP7y_Pl.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  62.3 KB

ReputationRep:

implying you wouldn't

also, find me a better looking 60 year old
    She's quite good looking actually, I'm sure she was very attractive when younger.

Reading the details that have just come out after the conviction, I have to say, she really brought this one down on herself. What a pair of silly people, it's quite hard to believe they are both smart, very well educated people with stellar careers.

ReputationRep:
    A brilliant Greek economist, isn't that an oxymoron?

ReputationRep:
    find me a better looking 60 year old
    Everyone ever

Find me someone uglier

ReputationRep:
    Good.

Marital coercion is such a ridiculous defence, and should have been done away with under equalities legislation, if not common sense.

As an example, look at the Venables/Thompson case. Would either of them have been able to apply the defence of coercion by their respective partners in crime? Absolutely not, they were both as guilty as the other.

Getting back to Ms Pryce, she's a modern woman able to make her own important choices and decisions and has otherwise done very well for herself as a result. How typical that she's playing the timid woman card when it suits her.

Also stupidity that anyone would take legal advice from a reporter:

It's likely that there is a minor risk of you being prosecuted, but we think in practice it is highly unlikely, especially if we handle it right. The bottom line is that this story WILL bring Chris down, IF you are prepared to go on record about what happened - with the minor risk that this carries.
    There you have it, she had a vindictive nature and just wanted to get one over on her ex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusfox)
    Good.

Marital coercion is such a ridiculous defence, and should have been done away with under equalities legislation, if not common sense.

As an example, look at the Venables/Thompson case. Would either of them have been able to apply the defence of coercion by their respective partners in crime? Absolutely not, they were both as guilty as the other.

Getting back to Ms Pryce, she's a modern woman able to make her own important choices and decisions and has otherwise done very well for herself as a result. How typical that she's playing the timid woman card when it suits her.

Also stupidity that anyone would take legal advice from a reporter:

There you have it, she just wanted to get one over on her ex.
    A case involving two boys the same age is hardly the same type of scenario.

There still are a lot of married women out there in the real world who are routinely dominated and intimidated by their husbands, even in this supposed age of equality. Hence why there are still shelters for abused women, numerous cases of spousal abuse by men, etc.

Nobody sensible thought it applied to Vicky Pryce because she was clearly a successful, educated and confident woman in an equal relationship, but this one case example doesn't mean it should be removed from the statute book.

ReputationRep:
    I bet she now wishes she had just kept her mouth shut rather than throw a strop because he left her.

I hope it was worth it :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Took longer than it should have.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she threw a massive tantrum at the world not going her way.
    Should have kept her mouth shut.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.