Turn on thread page Beta

Who's going to (or hoping to go to) Hull? watch

ReputationRep:
    C'mon, I know that there are some of you out there.

Would be particularly interested in speaking to anyone who is applying for Law and intends to make it their 1st choice.

ReputationRep:
    Slightly unrelated and quite irrelevant but my friend is going to Hull to study management and he's really excited cos there's a new nightclub been built worth millions and it only costs £15 to get a boat to Amsterdam!! Should be fun!! A bit too much temptation for moi though - I'd never get any studying done - LOL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prada_princess)
    Slightly unrelated and quite irrelevant but my friend is going to Hull to study management and he's really excited cos there's a new nightclub been built worth millions and it only costs £15 to get a boat to Amsterdam!! Should be fun!! A bit too much temptation for moi though - I'd never get any studying done - LOL!
    The nightclub is called Asylum and has been on the go about two or three years now I think. It is certainly a good place to have a night out and was voted best student nightclub of the year (for whatever that is worth).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    The nightclub is called Asylum and has been on the go about two or three years now I think. It is certainly a good place to have a night out and was voted best student nightclub of the year (for whatever that is worth).
    Hey moi again.

Still not decided....am waiting for one reply so i may end up putting Law at Hull as no. 1 ...

watch this space

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    Hey moi again.

Still not decided....am waiting for one reply so i may end up putting Law at Hull as no. 1 ...

watch this space
    LOL come to Hull, just do it.

Hull is one of those places where you are not sure about it until you come here then you end up loving it.

ReputationRep:

Hull is one of those places where you are not sure about it until you come here then you end up loving it.
    Hey,
    I've got hull as my insurance for Psychology - after Warwick as my first choice. I really wanna go to Warwick but reckon I would have a ball at Hull too!!!!

ReputationRep:
    My insurance is also Hull with my first choice being Cambridge; I was determined to go to Hull after the open day as I loved the campus and way of life. At the interview they gave me an unconditional, but I had my Cambridge interview 2 weeks later and they gave me a conditional which I was not counting on, so I chose Cam.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, an ex- student from my college came in an gave us a presentation, he said Hull smells, badly!!LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prada_princess)
    Oh yeah, an ex- student from my college came in an gave us a presentation, he said Hull smells, badly!!LOL
    Depends which way the wind is blowing. On a bad day you can get the chocolate factory and the fish docks in one.

ReputationRep:

I think that you may be right! I was impressed by the free pen though!
    If it was pen keyring and tshirt i'd be there without a doubt!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    I think that you may be right! I was impressed by the free pen though!
    If it was pen keyring and tshirt i'd be there without a doubt!!
    Yeah! I think I've still got that pen lying around somewhere. The atmosphere at the open day just looked so laid back, there were no rahs and everyone just seemed to be generally happy, having fun and none-judgemental. I liked the campus at Warwick better but I think the people at Hull would possible be more like me!!!!!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.