Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Internet connected but won't work Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm using wired Internet on windows 7 and it has stopped working. It's saying its all connected until I try and get onto a site, it's saying index of/ bla bla bla
    Does any1 know wats happened?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Normally I'd expect this kind of problem to be specific to one site. Do you get the same thing happening on other sites as well (including, say, google.com)? Another possibility is that some malicious software is redirecting your browser to other pages. What about the type of connection you're using - is this your home network, or at halls, or in a public place?

ReputationRep:
    Check if you can use any other internet based applications rather than a browser, if they dont work then its something to do with your ISP. Contact them and see whats going on.

What lights on your modem/router are lit up? What colour are they? Are any of them blinking etc

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.