Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e1usive)
    Agreed. If you get a D, no offence your not clever in the slightest.
    Bull**** of the highest order. If you get a D, you *may* be thick, but then again you may just be naturally poor at remembering and regurgitating facts off the top of your head without any point of reference - in a situation which mimics real life in no way, shape or form.

I got 100% in my A-level geology coursework, but a D in the exam - bringing the grade right down. I presume this makes me thick, then.

Of course, it all makes sense. The *real* application of intelligence, gaining me 100% in an in-depth piece of work, is invalid; I'm categorically thick because I can't remember stuff very well on the spur of the moment. Got it.

EDIT: Also, your use of grammar in the context of your post is brilliantly ironic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganmatthias)
    Really quite gutted I got a D in my Modern History AS exam. I was only 4 marks off a C as well! I guess I could look at it that I did good for my first AS exam, but then again, I feel so thick compared to all of my friends that got C's and above I just hope I can re-sit.
    Im an A2 History student. Let me tell you what happened to me today and hopefully it can give you some hope.

Last year I sat Unit 1 Russia and got a U. This Jan I resat it. Today I found out I got an A, and not just an A but 72/72 ie full marks, 100 ums.

Print off all the past papers and mark schemes from the website and DO THEM ALL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoSewSusanna)
    Im an A2 History student. Let me tell you what happened to me today and hopefully it can give you some hope.

Last year I sat Unit 1 Russia and got a U. This Jan I resat it. Today I found out I got an A, and not just an A but 72/72 ie full marks, 100 ums.

Print off all the past papers and mark schemes from the website and DO THEM ALL!
    I have a similar story to you. Last year in Russia I got a D and re-sat it in January and got an A too! Well Done
    But I definitely agree that past papers are the key, do as many as you can if you're re-taking OP! Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoSewSusanna)

Congradulations! and thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. If you get a D, no offence your not clever in the slightest.
    you're

neither are you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Table dust)
    you're

neither are you
    BURN

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly what I was thinking/saying! Thank you
    But Bs and Cs are awful anyway? Where do you want to go? a 100th ranked uni?

ReputationRep:
    But Bs and Cs are awful anyway? Where do you want to go? a 100th ranked uni?
    Is there any mention of me wanting to go to uni? NO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AaronHarding123)
    I got a D in Sociology and an E in Psychology.
    The highest grade in my sociology class was a D.. So many people got U's.. No one has a clue what has happened with the results.
    I was even predicted good grades and got great scores in my mocks.
    I'm so disappointed. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's weird. The EXACT same thing happened with me and my chemistry class. We were all shocked because we didn't fund the exam that hard and thought we did well, I still can't believe it and I'm getting it sent for a remark.

ReputationRep:
    Really quite gutted I got a D in my Modern History AS exam. I was only 4 marks off a C as well! I guess I could look at it that I did good for my first AS exam, but then again, I feel so thick compared to all of my friends that got C's and above I just hope I can re-sit.
    You should never feel bad if you worked hard, if it's an anomaly, retake. Grades are all relative and you will always want higher, unless you get perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Short Story Long)
    When did she say she was proud to have a D? Anyway, I actually take offence at what you are saying because I got a D at AS and got offers from some great universities, but according to your logic I'm stupid and shouldn't go to university. 1 D does not make you stupid. Get over it.
    Hehe 1D

Get it, one direction, oh never mind.
    Also OP, I like the post title with the capital D, very creative. (I'm being serious please don't neg)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PKMN TRN JAM)
    Hehe 1D

Also OP, I like the post title with the capital D, very creative. (I'm being serious please don't neg)
    Haha, thanks Creativity helps with English Lit haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PKMN TRN JAM)
    Hehe 1D

I know, when I read through it afterwards I Lol'ed.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.